VFW cap served in WW1 does pin have any meaning

rrgeee

I have some of my grandfathers items that included his medals from WWI. Included in the box were these hats. Does the pin on the red cap have any meaning? I'm not sure if it was from any of the medals he was awarded or was it a pin from the organization he was in. Any info would be appreciated.

post-153642-0-16259700-1408902202.jpg

vintageproductions

Hard to tell details on the pin but it looks kind of like a Military Order Of The Cootie.

yeah, but you know those vets, they wear everything and anything on their hats. Which is why some are just really, really cool.

PS The Cootie is way cool.

The red hat doesn't have anything on the back. The purple heart does. Does anyone have any other information about them.

post-153642-0-42691400-1409270214.jpg

The purple cap is for the Military Order of the Purple Heart.

So I would say he certainly received the Purple Heart. :D

I would try requesting his records..

it should be free since you are family.

-Brian

Thanks again for the information. I do have a lot of info about my grandfathers service records & medals. He is shown in photo wearing some of them. I did try to look up Patrick McCarron 126. I'm guessing that was the name of the post and post #. I couldn't find any info about him or the post number. Same with the Broadway 27

A lot of the earlier Posts have since gone defunct...you might send an email to the MOPH and ask if they have any info on that Post....

Mark sends