Dame Satan II A-2 Flight Jacket

GeneralLucas

GeneralLucas

This was the first A-2 jacket that I had ever obtained. It is pictured in the book American Flight Jackets, Airmen & Aircraft by Jon Maguire as he wanted to feature it in the book. About that time Gary Valant came out with a book Vintage Aircraft Nose Art and since he was local, he made me a copy of the photo of the 8th AF B-17 Dame Satan II and I let Jon use it for his book. Here are some pics showing a repair around the label which was done by the owner. I have owned it for many years but as I am aging I will sell it at some point.

post-1658-0-64240200-1408654936.jpg

post-1658-0-04229300-1408654947.jpg

I'm familiar with both that jacket and the photo! ( I have copies of the books) Great to own such a well-documented A2!

Top shelf A2. Please let me know when you decide to sell as my brother in-laws father flew 35 missions in the B-17 and would love a piece of this aviation history

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My Grandfather Thomas Everett Johnson was the co-pilot on the Dame Satan II, he was from Bartlett, TN; and after the military worked for the United States Postal Service. But from all the pictures I have of him and his crew I have never seen a patch like that on any of their jackets.

dame2.jpg

phantomfixer

is the second crew photo the same crew as the first crew photo, minus the crew chief?//could be a different crew before or after your grandfather's crew..or the patch was put on at the end of tour or post war

Dame Satan II was part of the 322nd BS not the 324th. I actually have my grandfather Thomas E. Johnson flight journal from his time with the 322nd BS.

• 7 years later...

Hi Jcruse85 - My Great Uncle Jack was the pilot of the Dame Satan II, Jack Boyce.   This weekend I was with his Kids  (Jack Jr, his brother Charles, and Daughter Donna), for family gathering to celebrate my Mother and Fathers (his Nephew) life, and burial at sea.   My dad, would speak of the Dame Satan II all the time.   it was a great event.  Love to catch up with you at some point (I see you haven't logged on in a long time).  

I'll try to reach you  through private message, hoping to get lucky! ha! 

thanks

bill