Latest Kabar

doyler

Found this 1st pattern kabar recently.One of the earliest patterns having the upper red/black/red spacer.THis model isnt easy to find and when you do they are usually well used and showing pitting and loss of finnish.I tend to think many got used up in the Pacific.As I understand these were some of the first manufactured and this type was produced in the first two months or so of the production of the 1219c2 series of knives.Often you will see variations in blade tip and grind on the early patterns.

This one was found in a more modern black scabbard so will have to get one more in line with the period.

post-342-0-78623800-1408329707.jpg

post-342-0-64375300-1408329718.jpg

post-342-0-71433100-1408329731.jpg

Ron, that is a beautiful specimen...

Just love that factory edge, no pitting...looks unissued!

Thanks Ben

There is some light sharpening to the edge and the tip has a small ding in it...slightly blunted.Probably dropped.

Still-A-Marine

Outstanding. Don't think you could ever find a better example of this variation which is hard to find in any condition.

Bill

Still-A-Marine

Nice one. Bill you want to put a bet on that statement!!!!!????(LOL,LOL).

I'm not a gambling man but I think the odds would be in my favor. I think Ron would be hard pressed to find a better example of a first generation first variation red-black-red spacer Ka-Bar. One that was available for purchase. Of course I've been wrong before....

Bill

Nice one. Bill you want to put a bet on that statement!!!!!????(LOL,LOL).

Tony

Quit teasing me!!!!! :lol: :lol: Post that bad boy.Im dying to see it!!!

I'm not a gambling man but I think the odds would be in my favor. I think Ron would be hard pressed to find a better example of a first generation first variation red-black-red spacer Ka-Bar. One that was available for purchase. Of course I've been wrong before....

Bill

Bill

I dont gamble either :D

I was surprised to see this and wasnt able to seal the deal when I first saw it.The owner wasnt at the table.His helper put it aside and it was 3-4 hours til I returned.

After I bought it I showed it to a guy and he thinks its his.He has been trying to wrestle me out of it since.There has been more dancing and proposals made than on a ship full of sailors on liberty. :lol: I have only owned one other 1st pattern and he has it.Its not as nice as this one and Im not going to let this one slip by. ;)

My goodness!

This is THE finest example I have seen...

That scabbard is just magnificent...

Beautiful grip, crossguard has perfect line/angle, I find a lot of other examples are let down by poor crossguard conditions

The blade is mint...

The fact that these examples exist out there is just amazing!

Posting this picture has really made my day