MC-1 flight crew knives display

Misfit 45

Hi Folks,

I finally got my little MC-1 knife display together. The top knife is a Schrade Walden, the left knife is a Camillus, the right knife is a Logan/Smyth, and the bottom knife is a Colonial. M-724. The patch on the left is a Strategic Air Command. The 93rd bomb squadron is an old squad from WWI and flew B52 bombers during its hay day. As I learned from Frank Trzaska, these little switch blades were issued to the flight crews and not to the Air Born units. I believe he said that these knives were issued to those who DID NOT want to jump out of a plane! I have the Command pilot wings, but also included Jump wings because the young jumpers loved the little knives and would do what they could to get their hands on one. The knife pocket is one that is goes on the inner left thigh of the flight suit and was supposed to be carried with the hook open for immediate use should the need arise. The warning label was included with the Camillus knife. I hope I don't get arrested.

Marv

post-26996-0-25954700-1408170748.jpg

Finding just one MC-1 knife in Australia is hard!

Dude, you have a collection of those little suckers!!

I love the case and how you have arranged them...

Really great display! I have a couple of these, one of which was my brother-in-laws who was a Navy test pilot but also flew many different types of transport and ASW aircraft.

Very cool!

Rick