TAC M7

porterkids

These M7 bayonets are very well made and I have run across these three varieties. It is unknown whether they are US made or who the maker actually is. I am currently researching a possible maker that Gary supplied info on. These are not USGI M7s, but an armorer at Ft. Hood TX did find a black handle TAC M7 in his inventory and we both came to the conclusion that a soldier lost his issued M7 and used the TAC as a substitute.

Do any members have any TAC M7s in your collection (I know you do Bill) or have you ever run across any of them? I am curious as to how common they are.

SKIP.....I have no ideal if that is the makers name or not. So people think it stands for M7 Tactical, but I don't think that is it. Also, I am not sure if it is American made. I got the black handle version off of Frank years ago and then got the two tan handle versions off of ebay over the years. I know Bill Porter has a black handle TAC and I know of the one at Ft. Hood. Other than those copies I have never seen any other ones.