BAR gunner

Joe55

post-32632-0-17528600-1407986323.jpg I wonder if Alpine used this guy for their inspiration? From Peter Darmans' "Uniforms of WWII", quite old now, pictures taken from original photo's I beleive.

attachicon.gifphoto (115).JPG I wonder if Alpine used this guy for their inspiration? From Peter Darmans' "Uniforms of WWII", quite old now, pictures taken from original photo's I beleive.

Yep, here's the description for the kit on E-Bay.

post-34986-0-88599900-1408024263.jpg

Alpine 1/16 BAR Gunner US 29th Infantry Division (1 figure) #16012

Awesome figure! I really like that you picked the 8th Division...nice to see a unit outside the "usual suspects" represented.

Steve

Very realistic model, indeed ... thanks for showing your work, it's excellent !

I wonder if on the original picture posted by J.Willaert, the BAR gunner does have shoe packs instead of jump boots ?

E

Great looking figure.

Looks like jump boots hes wearing.

Thanks doyler! Right, Alpine sculpted this guy with jump boots. They have the series of holes between the stitching of the toe cap.

Joe

Yep, here's the description for the kit on E-Bay.

attachicon.gifmdYKc4KBgPo6VyFvrAyiBGQ.jpg

Alpine 1/16 BAR Gunner US 29th Infantry Division (1 figure) #16012

Top notch painter Ernesto Reyes did the BAR gunner for the box art. I can only hope to paint half as good as Ernesto!

Joe

Awesome figure! I really like that you picked the 8th Division...nice to see a unit outside the "usual suspects" represented.

Steve

Thank you Steve! I thought of my uncle often while working on this project, and that is the reason I decided to go with an 8th ID patch. My uncle was a rifleman with G Co., 13th IN Rgt., 8th ID. He took part in 4 campaigns and survived the war earning a Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts. So in a way this was a tribute to him.

Joe

Original picture of 29th BAR gunner in Julich, Germany..

Wow, what a great pic! Makes me want to do another, only this time in an urban setting with that basement window! Thank you for posting Johan!

Joe

Very realistic model, indeed ... thanks for showing your work, it's excellent !

I wonder if on the original picture posted by J.Willaert, the BAR gunner does have shoe packs instead of jump boots ?

E

Thanks so much Etienne! I glad that you found this scruffy dog face pleasing :)!

Joe

Wonderful work! The figure looks great, you did a good job. Well Done!

Thanks Old Marine! Thank you for your praise!

Semper Fi!

Joe

I really love the new pictures. I am glad you figured it out! :D

...Kat

It took me a while. Glad you enjoyed them!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

wish i had that kind of gift ,to be able to paint like that !!! incredible job ! well done that man !!

LB

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

very awesome work, i found that when i go to painting that if use those cheap non-latex gloves i dont transfer body oils to the figure.

Impressive figure--you did a fantastic job. Thanks for posting

Thank you Sir, I'm glad that you enjoyed looking him over!

Joe

wish i had that kind of gift ,to be able to paint like that !!! incredible job ! well done that man !!

LB

Greetings littlebuddy! I don't know if I'm gifted so much as I have lots of interest and enthusiasm for this hobby. Oh, and lots of practice :)! I'm pleased that you like him and appreciate your comments, thanks!

Joe

very awesome work, i found that when i go to painting that if use those cheap non-latex gloves i dont transfer body oils to the figure.

Good tip on the gloves Gun Bunny! Gonna have to get me some of those pretty purple ones like the nurse wore while taking blood from me on a recent trip to the VA :blink:!

Joe

• 2 months later...

Joe, I'm late to this thread but still wanted to compliment you on the great job. I especially like that you removed the 29th patch and went with your own 8th ID. I'm currently working on this same figure and wish I was doing it half as well as you did, congratulations.