BAR gunner

Joe55

Howdy all! This is Alpine Miniatures BAR gunner in 1/16th scale. I just finished him today, and all that is lacking is the base nameplate. I hope you like the way he turned out.

Joe

post-120035-0-55168400-1407890401.jpg

Outstanding work. The only thing that pops out at me that could be adjusted is the pants seem to shine at me.

Agreed, Great job Joe, I too see what M1 sees, perhaps a brushing of dull coat might do the trick.

Outstanding work. The only thing that pops out at me that could be adjusted is the pants seem to shine at me.

Thanks m1ashooter :)! I'm at a loss as to why the left trouser leg looks shiny. It could be the lamp amplified the highlights I put on the upper thigh (it looks like there is something like a box inside his pocket :D), and just above the boot. There is no shine on this guy at all, in fact I shot him with Testors Dull Coat just before I put him on the base. Nonetheless, I appreciate you bringing it up.

Joe

Or Italy winter of 43-44.

I'm going to try and post a couple of more pics. When you see the shoulder patch, that will help narrow down the period and location :D!

Joe

A nicely sculpted figure into which you've breathed life.

Thank you Sabrejet, I appreciate your comment :)!

Joe

Agreed, Great job Joe, I too see what M1 sees, perhaps a brushing of dull coat might do the trick.

Thanks patches! I took him outside in the sun and there is indeed an ever so slight sheen on parts of his legs and right shoulder :blink:. I must of imparted this 'sheen' when I held him with my bare fingers and 'planted' him onto the base. I'm going to shoot him again with a bit of Dullcote here shortly. Thanks to you and m1ashooter :)!

Joe

Very nice! I would love to see more pictures.

...Kat

Hi Kat, and thanks! I struggled with putting on pics of this guy. Took pictures with my cell phone, emailed them to myself, loaded them into a pictures file, and this was not easy because I just got a new computer that is 2 windows versions newer than to what I'm used to. Then, when I tried to load here, they are too big or lying down sideways :dry:! But hey, I'll get it eventually :D!

Joe

I'm going to try and post a couple of more pics. When you see the shoulder patch, that will help narrow down the period and location :D!

Joe

Yes I see that now, 8th Div.

Thanks patches! I took him outside in the sun and there is indeed an ever so slight sheen on parts of his legs and right shoulder :blink:. I must of imparted this 'sheen' when I held him with my bare fingers and 'planted' him onto the base. I'm going to shoot him again with a bit of Dullcote here shortly. Thanks to you and m1ashooter :)!

Joe

Yeah very common, oils from the fingers, drove me crazy when I painted Panzer figures, Black uniforms or partly Black you know :wacko: