Rare 1st Model Poplin ERDL Camo Shirt

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Thought we would post some images of what we consider the rarest of issue Vietnam camo items there is. This is a 1st model erdl poplin shirt cut in the pattern of a exposed button jungle blouse. There was a knock-off of these made in Japan about ten or so years ago but they copied a exposed button too close. Their mistake was the button were sewn with od thread. On the originals all the button holes were outlined with black thread. This is the first shirt we have ever had, Spikey has two pair of trousers.

pop1.JPG

Amazing ! I once saw trousers cut out to make shorts and I did not buy them...

Could we see close ups of the tags ?

vintageproductions

tag.JPG

Here is the remnants of the neck tag. If you look at the photo of the back you can see how the shirt was taken in at one time. Well the stitch went right through the tag and then down.

wow that is freaking awesome. w00t.gif

Thats why I love coming to this form.

Thanks vintageproductions for sharing thumbsup.gif

Agreed,

another superb item.

How long were these particular garments in the supply chain?

Thanks for sharing,

Patrick.

vintageproductions

To show that these were worn, you can see the sleeve and see patch shadows of a 4th division with a tab, possibly a Ranger, and corporal sleeves. The insignia was on and worn for awhile before someone removed them.

erdl.JPG

• 7 years later...

Wow I've never seen anything like that before. Between the exposed buttons, waist tabs and shoulder loops that's got to be very rare! I didn't even realize any uniforms had the waist tabs before the mid-80's BDUs.

So when were these issued and to whom? Any ideas? Were they experimental? I know the early Jungle uniforms had exposed buttons and shoulder loops but I've never seen an ERDL camo uniform that did.