Vietnam vets: If I publish my book, will anyone read it?

Bluespicker

You could certainly self publish an ebook at almost no cost. If you aim is to make some money off of it, I cannot offer any useful advice. My wife is a Physician, very popular among the retirees, and several WW2 vets have given her copies of self published memiors. I don't think they made any money from these, but they got to tell their story. This brought to mind my own Vietnam homecoming story. I was only seven, but we had lived in Okinawa and Thailand since I was a toddler. We returned home on a MAC flight, and besides my Mom and Dad, The plane was completely full of US Marines. I have a faint memory of the flight, but Mom always talked about it. It was a long flight with several stops, and the troops absolutely spoiled me to death. I am pretty sure we landed stateside at the Navy base in San Diego. Dad went back not long after that for another tour.

Print it, sell it, get your message out. Never mind the naysayers. My first platoon sergeant told me several stories, including having his coffee spit in by a waitress in SF. My 1SG had a deep hatred for hippies based on how he was treated. Hell, myself and some of my squad were flipped off, cursed at, and even refused service in a bar in downtown Seattle. And that was in 2005. Anyone can google up arguments against you, don't worry about it. Your question was if there would be interest and I say yes. I do agree with a title revision.