34th Bomb Group B14 flight jacket group.

aussie digger

aussie digger

Hi All,

Here is a lucky ebay find I would like to share. This group was listed as something like WWII Eisenhower jacket or something like that and having bad photos it didn't get too much attention. The nicest thing was when the group arrived finding the items that wernt mentioned or in photos. There was a pair of sterling marked clutchback gunners wings and a patched khaki shirt with a beautiful detailed bullion 8th AF patch. I am just assuming that this vet was a part of the 34th BG due to there being a DI present in the group. Research wise all I have been able to figure is that Jack Morrison enlisted in February 1942 in Florida. Most of the uniform items are named to him.

The group.

post-51559-0-86124900-1407456401.jpg

Killer group! I picked up a B-14 to a 8th AF MSgt. that way with crappy picks and a BIN. Sold it to fund some other items though.

I was wondering if this one would surface on here or not. I was watching the auction clock wind down, but decided against placing a bid, as there were a couple other things lined up in my sights and this didn't fit into my main New England related collection. I can see that I now regret that choice, though, as you really ended up with a stellar group. Had the seller mentioned gunner wings or that bullion patch, there would've been more of a fight over it, I think! Congrats on the great score, and best of luck on any further research. Please share what you find!

• 2 weeks later...