"War & Peace 2014" photo report....very pic heavy!"

Sabrejet

littlebuddy

Jackie Brenston wrote a song about that car ,well he sang it , but it was Ike Turner who wrote it !! The "first rock n roll " record according to some !!

Here you go , rock your socks off to this tune !! solid gone daddio !!!

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2qfktNTD1QAauVLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE0dWQ5Z3M4BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2lyMgR2dGlkA01TWVVLMDZfMQ--/RV=2/RE=1406403360/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dGbfnh1oVTk0/RK=0/RS=lvHbFMYzjaZCdyWcMQLEndASUI4-

The good ol' Cold War?! ;)

these vere often been used as a civilian "truck" in east block. most often on farms and construction sites. for the military we have TATRA trucks B)

Government Issue

Sweet ride! A good majority of post war car design was influenced by WWII aviation. The gentleman who first designed automobile tail fins, Harley Earl, was inspired by the P38 lightening! ;)

post-8235-0-26051800-1406445930.jpg

Thanks...that's a very evocative print which illustrates the source of inspiration perfectly. I've always thought that the futuristic prototype Lightning in its natural metal finish must have looked like the Millennium Falcon to 1930s eyes! Still looks good today!

p-38-lightning.jpg

Squad leader

I agree Ian, what a spendid bird!

Thanks...that's a very evocative print which illustrates the source of inspiration perfectly. I've always thought that the futuristic prototype Lightning in its natural metal finish must have looked like the Millennium Falcon to 1930s eyes! Still looks good today!

p-38-lightning.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting all of these pictures...looking forward to see the movie "Fury" and it was interesting to see the set-up they made to get some of the shots!

Thanks for posting all of these pictures...looking forward to see the movie "Fury" and it was interesting to see the set-up they made to get some of the shots!

It was my pleasure Ed....thank you! ;)