Odd diamond shaped patches with 101st ABN style eagles

chcole1

I'm 99% sure these are some kind of novelty or morale patch, but I thought they have an interesting chain stitch embroidery. Has anyone seen these before?

Chris

post-17690-0-73162700-1405782288.jpg

post-17690-0-62056400-1405782296.jpg

post-17690-0-19589400-1405782357.jpg

River Patrol

It's a mixture of embroidery styles.....very weird!

There is something in the back of my head that says these might be foreign, post WWII, and based on the 101st design out of respect. But I cannot remember which country.

lamarhooten

There is something in the back of my head that says these might be foreign, post WWII, and based on the 101st design out of respect. But I cannot remember which country.

This might be what I was thinking about! I belive it was in a magazine (Life?) that was showing a parade to honor the WWII victors of Belgium in Belgium. I think patches like this were sewn on several jackets/shirts of folks marching and carrying US/Belgium flags. Can just make out the patches. Will have to get out the stacks of old mags and go back thru them! Great looking patches! Hope we all find the reason for these! Looks to be at least three different styles/makes of the four shown.

lamarhooten

Very interesting. Let me know if you find that story.

Chris

Wife and I have just finished looking thru all the 50's & 60's Life mags and no luck on the photo! Have a friend with all the Saturday Evening Posts during that time frame and will look thru all of them. I know I have seen a photo like I have described in the earlier post!