m1910 repro scabbards

Keith

How can I tell a repro m1910 canvas scabbard from an original? I saw one with the canvas sleeve removed and it had laced rawhide under it, are the repros made that way? Any help here to avoid buying a repro would be appreciated. I am trying to find a scabbard for the m1905 made in 1911 that I posted earlier. Thanks.

Doughboy1918

Yes, the repro scabbards are made the same way. I guess the thing to look for is this, does it look 60-80 years old? Also look for manufacturer's markings on the leather tip.Sometimes it's hard to tell. Maybe someone else can tell us more.

Yes, the repro scabbards are made the same way. I guess the thing to look for is this, does it look 60-80 years old? Also look for manufacturer's markings on the leather tip.Sometimes it's hard to tell. Maybe someone else can tell us more.

I saw one that had a grommet in the leather tip; I presume for drainage. It was mint and sold for $350+ for just the scabbard. Why did some of these have the grommet and some (most) did not? Thanks again.

The one with the drain hole was the second pattern. I suppose the first one collected rain water causing rust so the added the drain hole

The one with the drain hole was the second pattern. I suppose the first one collected rain water causing rust so the added the drain hole

That makes perfect sense to me! Thanks.