Presidential Service Badge

Presidentialserver

Presidentialserver

Does anyone have any information about a VP Badge that recently sold on eBay, item number 110239553057? The badge appears to be a modern day VP Service Badge but has stars. Is this a prototype VP Service Badge that was never issued? The seller incorrectly listed the badge as issued during the Kennedy Administration. I don't think that is correct because the modern day VP Badge was issued in 1975 and this badge may have been a prototype design when the VP badge design changed from the "wounded eagle" design to the present day design.

Any help or advice where to look to determine if this badge is authentic is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Apparently the seller has this badge confused with the old Whitehouse Service Badge which it isn't. I would guess it is a manufacturer's mistake, white enamel in a Presidential Badge blank or something a manufacturer made up to submit for approval but was rejected. This is only a guess but seems logical to me.

Presidentialserver
Apparently the seller has this badge confused with the old Whitehouse Service Badge which it isn't. I would guess it is a manufacturer's mistake, white enamel in a Presidential Badge blank or something a manufacturer made up to submit for approval but was rejected. This is only a guess but seems logical to me.

Thanks, that may make sense. It may have been a prototype submitted but rejected or recommended to have the stars removed.

Laury Allison

If you don't include a picture from Ebay listings, then your post will be of no use in a couple of months.

The final price on this item was $1288.99 and it ended on 11 April 2008.

The picture is listed below.

Laury

post-1365-1213228468.jpg

Presidentialserver
If you don't include a picture from Ebay listings, then your post will be of no use in a couple of months.

The final price on this item was $1288.99 and it ended on 11 April 2008.

The picture is listed below.

Laury

You are correct, thanks for adding the photograph

Laury Allison
You are correct, thanks for adding the photograph

No problem. Plus it is a lot easier than opening up another link that may or may not be there. I sometimes won't even open a thread if there doesn't appear to be a picture attached to it.

Have a good one!

Laury