Plate Carriers

anelles

I posted a previous thread about a lot of SEAL gear I picked up from a local surplus store for next to nothing. I went back today and discovered more that seems to be from the same lot. Previous thread: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/210173-seal-uniforms-and-lbt-gear/

Today I found 3 plate carriers, got them for $29 each. And a few pouches.

I'm not terribly familiar with this model of plate carrier, if anyone has more info I'd really appreciate it. Who used them, what eras, etc...

First up, a Coyote Brown MBSS Plate Carrier (I think this is the right name for it?). It's well used but in decent shape. Size L/XL. The fastex buckles are 2003 dated.

MBSS01.jpg

MBSS02.jpg

MBSS03.jpg

Second, a Green MBSS Plate Carrier with a mag pouch. Size L/XL. Buckles have 2002 dates. The side straps have unfortunately been cut off of this one. Any idea why this might have been done? I'm, guessing it must have been used with a cummerbund added on. I'll probably put this in my sell/trade pile as a result. Still couldn't pass it up for the price.

MBSS04.jpg

MBSS05.jpg

A lightly used Tactical Tailor plate carrier. 2005 dated buckles. Just some light signs of use.

MBSS06.jpg

MBSS07.jpg

And finally two pouches. A heavily used Blackhawk rifle retention clip, a google search showed that there was a Navy contract for these. And an unknown M4 mag pouch. There is a tag inside that just says "#14". Any idea who made this one?

MBSS08.jpg

MBSS09.jpg

Thanks!