Latest Finds-M1909 Bolo, Collins 18, Utica Co Mark 2

thorin6

Heres some close ups of the Utica Co Mark 2. These were made in 1961-62 to the original military specifications and were the first post-WWII manufactured Mark 2s.

post-11546-0-01961500-1402452567.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the Collin 18 emergency kit knife. The tip of the scabbard was repaired at some point.

post-11546-0-46444500-1402452703.jpg

The the scabbard tip. The stitching has come loose and the leather has separated. I took an old leather tie down and attached it to keep the brass grommets in place.

post-11546-0-06413100-1402453077.jpg

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

nice group of blades, i had one of those 1909 bolos but i was an idiot an traded it for a collins 44in machete.

I had a chance to check out the Utica at the Raleigh show. It was a beauty. Love those M1909 Bolos, they are a heavy, long bladed, "no nonsense", piece of equipment. SKIP

Thanks for all the comments.

I'd like to add that this Utica Mark 2 is my third one. My first one was well used, and I sold it when I picked up a second one that was in very good condition and the sheath was in the original color. This knife is in excellent condition so now my second one has become excess. I always upgrade whenever I get the chance.

Still-A-Marine

Thanks for all the comments.

I'd like to add that this Utica Mark 2 is my third one. My first one was well used, and I sold it when I picked up a second one that was in very good condition and the sheath was in the original color. This knife is in excellent condition so now my second one has become excess. I always upgrade whenever I get the chance.

You won't upgrade again. Not the Utica Mark 2 anyway.

Bill