A nice find today...Vietnam era Flak Vest

USdog

Found this Vietnam era, 1969 dated flak vest today at a garage sale. Got it for $25!

First one I've owned. They're pretty cool!

Enjoy... :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BigDogMilitaria

NIce pickup Connor! I've been looking for one of those for a while and havn't found one. I think its going to be a good Summer in our area for sales!

Thanks Jay. I got pretty lucky.... The vest was in the guys trailer of his truck and was getting ready to put it into his daughters sale. I asked about it and seconds later it was mine ;)

BigDogMilitaria

I'm kind of a shy guy when I go to sales and what not, and I like to keep to myself and do my searches. But, one thing I've learned is, always ask if they have military! A lot of people either don't think there is value to it, or forgot they have it. I picked up an 80's dated flak vest and the guys helmet that way last Summer.

$25.00 ? wow thats a steal.

it would have probably cost that much for shipping if you got it off ebay

thats a great find these days, you dont see them for sale as often as you use to and the surplus stores around here want $250 for a vest like that

SaigonSVFan95

Wish I could find one that cheap! There's one close to me at the local surplus store that's around $90 at the moment :/ Little bit more than I have in cash at the moment