Gil Sanow

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
    • Member ID: 528
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Check this out:

http://www.michmilit....com/Toledo.htm

I will be there and I suspect several other  USMF members will be too -- hope to see you there!

G

#2 Nack

Nack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 333
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

I was there - saw Gil. Always a good time.

#3 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
    • Member ID: 236
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

I also went nice little show

Pete

#4 Gil Sanow

Gil Sanow

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

I had the best Toledo show I've had in years, perhaps decades. Bought a couple of neat coats, one of which will result in an article for AAMUC FOOTLOCKER, plus have a couple of research projects to do. Am looking forward to OVMS Show at Wilmington in 3 weeks.

G

Edited by Gil Sanow, 31 May 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#5 BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria
  • Members
    • Member ID: 52,765
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I really wish I could have made it. How was it for US stuff like uniforms this time? When i went back in October I was pretty disappointed and walked out empty handed with a full wallet.

#6 Pointedcuffs

Pointedcuffs
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,237
  • 857 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

I had the best Toledo show I've had in years, perhaps decades. Bought a couple of neat coats, one of which will result in an article for AAMUC FOOTLOCKER, plus have a couple of research projects to do. Am looking forward to OVMS Show at Wilmington in 3 weeks.

G

Gil,

I am glad to hear you had a good show. It's been awhile since you've said that. I'm looking forward to the article in the footlocker but in the meantime maybe you can give us some hints on your items.

Mario

Edited by Pointedcuffs, 31 May 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#7 Gil Sanow

Gil Sanow

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

There were several nice uniforms present == I was offering a couple myself, and sold a couple others... Of course I cannot say what others might have bought because of their interests and willingness to spend.  Personally I bought an MG's fatigue shirt for research and resale later, and an '03 era khaki coat at a reasonable price.  It proves a point we made on our 1983 MC&H article on EM khakis, plus it is Cav to boot!  Plus a friend brought me one of his recent Ebay purchases to research, so that'll keep me busy for a while.

G

#8 BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria
  • Members
    • Member ID: 52,765
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

There were several nice uniforms present == I was offering a couple myself, and sold a couple others... Of course I cannot say what others might have bought because of their interests and willingness to spend.  Personally I bought an MG's fatigue shirt for research and resale later, and an '03 era khaki coat at a reasonable price.  It proves a point we made on our 1983 MC&H article on EM khakis, plus it is Cav to boot!  Plus a friend brought me one of his recent Ebay purchases to research, so that'll keep me busy for a while.

G

Good to know! I will do my best to make the next one! Karl told me this weekend would be good so now I'm kicking myself!

#9 CorsairAce

CorsairAce
  • Members
    • Member ID: 855
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

I was disappointed in the medal selection.  I didn't see any named WWII medals, not even many valor medals.  There were 3 named WWI Silver Star groups, but they were out of my price range this weekend.  Did pick up some nice patches, uniform, and a visor though.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users