North Vietnamese/Viet Cong officers belt wtih holster and ammo pouch

agate hunter

agate hunter

Here is a recent find, a very nice salty NVA/VC officers holster rig. The holster has "Echo 2/9" carved into it. Not positive what that means but I think it has to do with the US serviceman that captured this piece.

post-10495-0-58192200-1401048186.jpg

post-10495-0-00907100-1401048201.jpg

Bob Hudson

The holster has "Echo 2/9" carved into it. Not positive what that means but I think it has to do with the US serviceman that captured this piece.

That's E Company, 2nd Battalion, 9th Marines.

USCapturephotos

That's an interesting find. I have been hoping to add something like that to my collection. Thanks for sharing. Too bad the Marine didn't carve his name into the rig as well.

Paul

agate hunter

That's an interesting find. I have been hoping to add something like that to my collection. Thanks for sharing. Too bad the Marine didn't carve his name into the rig as well.

Paul

Thanks, yes more info would be great but it is what it is, I found this at a flea market and the seller didn't know what it was but I did so I got if for a good deal.

• 3 months later...

Nice score on the holster rig.9th Marines took part in some of the worst fighting in 68/69 up on the DMZ and 1 Battalion that fought at Khe Sanh with the 26th Marines.Some time know as the suicide 9th due to heavy casulaties they suffered.They fought hard hat well armed NVA troops mostly out numbered 3 to 1 by the bad guys.Semper Fi Terry USMC RVN 67/69.If anyone has Ryans EM or nows how to contact him please EM me at [email protected]

Just a reminder... the "Spoils of War" section is for militaria that has been brought back by a specific soldier. The goal is to tell their story through the items they came home with. While we have a possible unit identification, we do not have the story of who brought it back.

Unfortunately as nice as this item is, it does not meed the criteria for posting here.

Members can continue to discuss this item by Private Messaging.