WIndproof coolness

TrenchfootJoe66

TrenchfootJoe66

This set walked into the Ft Lee show and by some stroke of luck, right to my table. They were not cheap, but you just don't say NO to Windproofs. I didn't take pics of the pants but I will post some better photos later on.

post-10797-0-86669400-1400971341.jpg

post-10797-0-77689400-1400971362.jpg

TrenchfootJoe66

You should have seen the look on my face when the guy pulled this out along with two killer party suits. I about pooped myself.

Wow , what a stroke of luck. These are so tough to find. Not named by chance ?? What a great looking jacket and pants to boot , thats just icing on the cake. Congrats on your new purchase.

Regards, Mitch

And where are the party suits ????

Never mind, I found your other purchases. Super stuff

TrenchfootJoe66

Mich

Thanks buddy !! Unfortunately they are not ID'd but with a set that rare it almost doesn't matter. The pants are really cool too with little zippers on the trouser cuffs etc.

American Graffiti

I couldn't agree more, that is coolness personified, and i would've paid whatever it took.

Nice ones, congrats,

AG

riflegreen297

Oh kammo-man, oh kammo-man where art thou?! I figure his Windproof cammo senses should be going tingling by now.

Check the pockets! You never know if a name tape is buried in there!

Very nice, and not something often seen. Very interesting that it has the direct embroidered rank and branch of service.

SaigonSVFan95

You are excused. I've had the drool cup on all day

Good to know :lol: I'd do anything to own a Windproof set. Especially given this one has South Vietnamese Airborne patches on it

TrenchfootJoe66

Nice 1st pattern print.

and thats is why going to shows is much better that on line shoping .

o

Yup.

You should see the flight suits and party suits Im getting from the same guy. Really cool stuff.

I doubt I sold even a 100 bucks worth of stuff but it doesn't matter a bit. It was good times, good folks and lots of treasure. The only bad part was that River Patrol split before I could buy that ARVN shirt.

TrenchfootJoe66

He had a nice little ARVN cammo shirt, no patches but a good solid example. Plus a pretty nice tan ARVN beret. I couldn't swing all that until late in the day and I missed him. Damn shame, he had lots of good stuff.

River Patrol

Yep......I had long ride back. It was a fun show.....got to see the Quartermaster Museum.

The windproofs were soft as butter.....classic French Vietnamese tailoring.....I would have popped for it if it would have had a name. Glad you got it.

Cheers,

Steve

TrenchfootJoe66

Thanks Steve. Good to meet you finally. You had some killer stuff. Ill be in touch re the tan beret.

Hope you had an uneventful trip back.

J

River Patrol

J,

Oh you mean besides the horrors of mid-day D.C. traffic....yea, I got home safe.

The Vietnam berets, headgear and uniforms will be up at my website soon- Blindbatmilitaria.com

We are going ALL Vietnam - ALL the time now~!

PLEASE look at the removed tape on the windproof set and let me know if it's a U.S. Army tape or a name tape? And if so, can you make out the name?

TrenchfootJoe66

Steve

You poor bastard ! DC/NoVA traffic is about as much fun as being on the wrong end of an ARC LIGHT.

Cool news re the website !! And I will check out that uniform properly when I get home tonight, I've been on a bit of vacation since the show ended on Saturday. I've got a big box of cool new treasure to dig thru and Ill post some better pics and reveal whatever little secrets it may hold.

Cheers

J