DUI Mottos

patchtrader864

The site has changed somewhat but you can still get into it...sometimes! I have noticed that when I try to get into it it's down about 20% of the time. Great site when it is up and running. :)

Dave

patchtrader864

Thanks Danny $ 40.00 Bucks a year if they don't start putting some good info on there web site they will be gone . Paul

Paul,

I couldn't disagree with you more. I assume that you aren't a member, and thus don't have the full benefits of membership. Without being able to go into the website, you really can't search for all of the fantastic information that has been published in the "Trading Post" over the years. The TP has something for everybody. In recent years there have been some outstanding articles to include squadron and group patches of all of the units of the 8th Air Force, in-depth articles on a number of rare and misunderstood insignia like the Chinese translator "Chung" patches, and well researched articles on some dubious insignias like the 442nd Anti-Tank Battalion.

Many contributors to the "Trading Post" are here on the forum, but you won't find anywhere near the depth of knowledge written in threads here on the forum as what you will find in the TP. We tell newer collectors to buy the resources. The cost of ASMIC membership is a bargain in the grand scheme of things. The money you might save from buying a bad piece is peanuts compared to the cost of being stuck with a reproduction.

Could ASMIC be better? Sure it could, but you can't sit back and wait for someone else to improve it. Join up and get involved and make the organization what you want it to be instead of bitching about the cost of membership and the perceived shortcomings of the website.

My two cents,

Allan

Allan

patchtrader864

Never assume anything i am a ASMIC member . There are dozens of questions asked each day on this forum and they all could be answered by go buy this book . But no members take the the time to look things up and help each other out . Like Lynne who took the time to post the link

above .

Thanks Lynne.

Paul.

No members bother to look things up and help each other out? :blink: We must be looking at different forums as I see peoples' questions being answered repeatedly on a daily basis.

Allan

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Danny $ 40.00 Bucks a year if they don't start putting some good info on there web site they will be gone . Paul

Apparently, you do not know that we have a search feature, and we have had it for almost two years. You can search DIs by motto, and if we have pubbed them, you can find them. We have back issues to almost 1986, plus some of the very early ones (1938-42). Do the math - 100+ issues are online. Many of the back issues, although originally pubbed in B & W only, have color images added (not to say articles are being replicated in color). You can search by subject to find out if we have pubbed an article on a certain unit, and what was pubbed (article, photo, patch, DI). Try it, you might like it. If you (or any other ASMIC member) would like to volunteer to get more info online, please do so. Your assistance would be welcome.

We also have a digital membership for $25 - no hard copies of The Trading Post and Newsletter, but you read them online or download to a tablet of your choice. That digital membership is a boon to overseas members, as the USPS has raised their overseas rates quite high.

I appreciate the opportunity to bring some of the bennies of ASMIC membership to the Forum.

• 1 month later...