• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,412
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

I am not very selective in my collecting in other words when I go out looking I will buy anything that is military connected and affordable. With that said. I was digging through some items and took out the only three EGA's in my collection and would like the experts to ID them for me. The large one is 1-5/8" and has two screw backs on it and a magnet does not stick to it so I am not sure what it is made of, the experts will tell me, right? The small silver one is sterling and has a pin back and it says the anchor is 1/20 10K gold on sterling. The third one is much smaller then the silver one and is a screw back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
WWII_STUFF_006.JPG WWII_STUFF_004.JPG
WWII_STUFF_010.JPG WWII_STUFF_011.JPG

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

The first and third EGAs are roughly post 1955 to present. The larger visor bird has an interesting pin configuration, 1st I have seen like that. Both pieces are enlisted.

The smaller sterling and gold pinback is an officer's dress collar 1937 pattern emblem. Worn from '37 to the early 60s, sometimes later by lifer officers. Nice piece there!

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,540 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

The first and third EGAs are roughly post 1955 to present. The larger visor bird has an interesting pin configuration, 1st I have seen like that. Both pieces are enlisted.

The smaller sterling and gold pinback is an officer's dress collar 1937 pattern emblem. Worn from '37 to the early 60s, sometimes later by lifer officers. Nice piece there!

Ditto, Jeremiah, I think the larger dress enlisted emblem is a variation used on MP / Embassy duty belts and the like? Is it not coincidental were are beginning to see allot of the epaulet / shoulder board pinback emblems recently http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/think.gif

epalets.jpg

Manchu Warrior, what does the hallmark on the bottom of the anchor say? s/f Darrell

#4 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,540 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the "EGA discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users