4 replies to this topic

#1 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

Here's a find from Raleigh...a nice matched pair of H&H Imperial Marked M37 emblems with clutchbacks. The clutches are mismatched, however these officer clutchback emblems don't come along too often, and ever less often in matched pairs. Still has a nice patina, and for 50 bucks, I couldn't complain.

Attached Images

• Imperial_Cb_Front.JPG

#2 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

rears

Attached Images

• Imperial_Cb_Rear.JPG

#3 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,533 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

Great find, with the dual hallmark, dates them to the 42/43 period after-which H&H did away with the dual use. Perfect for period tunic use. BTW does the single left collar clutch have a patent number on it.

#4 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

are we sure they fully did away with the Imperial mark? Because I'd find it odd these came out that early into the war...I had thought that as well, and this pair threw a wrench in my thoughs...

patent number 2308424 and marked sterling

#5 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,533 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the EGA "discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users