Hope I Didn't Step On Any Toes.

SKIPH

Hey Gang! As I stated,"Hope I didn't step on any toes". Been watching a dual-marked Imperial M-3 on ebay. Item # 141279558953. Originally the seller had it for $685, Buy It Now. He re-posted it for $575. After a lengthy discussion w/ a collector buddy at work, he suggested making an offer. I did, and the seller agreed almost immediately. So, I should be receiving it in a few days. It is very nice, unused, w/ M8 scabbard w/ original tie down strap. Never thought I'd get this opportunity because of the rarity. Never had "hands-on" one, and have only seen 1 or 2 on the site, and a couple on ebay. Can't seem to get the ebay ad posted, so if someone could help, I'd appreciate it. This will leave me with just a few holes in my M3 collection. Still waiting to find the CASE Ridged Handle. Have seen only 1 of those for sale ever. Had to get it. SKIP

bayonetman

Looks like a good one, glad you got it. As I collect Camillus, I have hoped to find a dual marked one at a price that I could afford, but that is getting less likely all the time.

You mentioned the ring handled Case M3, I agree they are very hard to find. I am sure most of you have seen this illustration, but for those who may have missed it, it comes from an Army report Restricted Report and Photos Of: M3 Knife, T-4, T-5, T-6, T-8 Bayonets, M-1 Bayonet, T-2 Bayonet. Not dated but would be about May-June 1944 just before the T8 Bayonet became the M4.

post-66-0-14703700-1399590203.jpg

Thanks Gary. Had only ever seen 1x CASE Ridged, for sale, and I don't recall it even being a blade dated. The pic you posted is a real first for me. WOW!! That would be a real prize. SKIP

Lance- Thank you! I like the way you posted it too. Couldn't resist it. On the spot decision. SKIP

militariaone

Lance- Thank you! I like the way you posted it too. Couldn't resist it. On the spot decision. SKIP

Happy to assist Skip. Yes, I just cropped the good bits into two photos to save on space.

Regards,

Lance

Skip,

Nice pickup. The Raleigh Military Show is coming up in early June; if you are willing, I wouldn't mind looking it over (translated, I would go absolutely bonkers if I could see it) if you are coming to the show.

t6

Guys Thanks for all the comments. It isn't in hand yet. Still have to deal w/ the post office. t6- Can't wait for the Raleigh Show, but spent a lot of my show money on the M3. If I go, will definitely bring the knife. Still up in the air. Bill from VA- Thanks for showing that dual marked Utica again. It is a beauty! Now, just out of curiosity do any other members have dual marked M3s? Other than RCC, potentially all other makers could have produced a few. I'm really surprised more don't turn up. Imperial and Utica produced the highest amounts of M3s, we should see a lot more from them. SKIP

CC- You've got two of them. Have only seen one picture of one for sale ever. WOW! Is there a story? Could you show us some more pics of those two, markings etc. THX SKIP

Sorry Skip, they were sold a long time ago, and have probably bend sold again since. I may have some additional pictures but with my terrible filing system..since corrected, and a 3TB drive it may take a while. I think I know the other knife you mention and I believe it was sold to a forum member. If I recall it was in better condition than these examples.

Regards,

CC

Yippee!!!! Finally got the dual marked today. It actually got to my collector buds post office last Monday. Because of work schedules he couldn't get to the PO til yesterday. Brought it to work this morning, we all had fun opening the box and wrapping. The knife is actually better than in the pics. Very nice, line of white, never sharpened, leather handle a nice brown, grooves are sharp and crisp, blade just slight scabbard wear. M8 scabbard is a B 1/3 N, used but still great w/ original leather thong. Overall, extremely pleased w/ my investment. Sorry, still no camera. SKIP

Reeder3- I keep a mint, 1953 repacked PAL M1 bayonet in the wrapper for a really bad day. In case I want to feel good about opening a new toy. Have had it over 15 years. Things get tough, but so far I've avoided having to open it. SKIP

Bill in VA

Reeder3- I keep a mint, 1953 repacked PAL M1 bayonet in the wrapper for a really bad day. In case I want to feel good about opening a new toy. Have had it over 15 years. Things get tough, but so far I've avoided having to open it. SKIP

I'm the same, but with a first contract Phrobis M9 bayonet still sealed in the box. :D

post-302-0-90037200-1400517290.jpg

post-302-0-72138400-1400517306.jpg

(I sure hope there's a bayonet in here and not a brick!)