A NEW "COIN" COLLECTION-From a SF OEF Vet

Local antique shop just got these in. Unfortunately they didn't get the vet's name. Supposedly they have a uniform, so hopefully it will have a name in it.

I just scanned one side, if anyone is interested in seeing the other side or specific coins, just ask.

post-203-0-37268400-1399489622.jpg

Thanks guys! I also like the AAM with the binder clip still attached. IIRC, that is one of the quick ways of setting up the medalto present it to the soldier instead of actually pinning it to the uniform.

Very nice grouping, Erick. I was noticing no SF tab in the grouping. Was he in a support element?

Very nice grouping, Erick. I was noticing no SF tab in the grouping. Was he in a support element?

Arch,

I think so. If I remember, one of the coins was for a support BN. I left them at work, so when I get in, I'll take a another look.

Arch,

I think so. If I remember, one of the coins was for a support BN. I left them at work, so when I get in, I'll take a another look.

Seeing the Support Battalion coin, as well as Military Intelligence Corps crest indicates that this Soldier was likely part of the 1st Special Forces Group MI detachment (or may have served in one of the battalions).

I notice some other non-Special Forces items in the mix, notably some artillery items, which tells me that this Soldier may have been previously assigned to an Artillery unit.

BTW, I can't remember ever having a medal actually pinned on ... paper binding clips seems to have been standard operating procedure for quite some time!

Here is a photo of the back of the 506th coin and the SF coin. The 506th list the dates of service as 2008-2009 and the SF coin is indeed for its support battalion.

post-203-0-05933500-1399553032.jpg

Thanks folks! Here are a couple more pieces to the puzzle. Two uniforms, one for a male, one for a female. The male's is "sandwiched with 101st SSIs. The female's has the SF SSI on the left shoulder only. No overseas bars in the females, but one year for the male,

My best guest so far is that the males served with the 81st BSB in A-stan which was assigned to the 101st. I'm also guessing that he served with Cav unit which is part of the Florida Army National Guard at some point. The female served with MI in the SF Group.

One thing I can't explain is the CIB. WIsh I knew their names!

post-203-0-75215000-1399857444.jpeg

post-203-0-04706100-1399857446.jpeg

post-203-0-86642300-1399857446.jpeg

WOW! Nice grabs! Quite an interesting twist. Is it possible that the Male and Female married after meeting in the service?

I actually just aquired a 7th SFG 3rd BTN Challenge Coin from OEF VIII

D