Unknown SMG Marksman Qualification badge

ron_brock

I picked this up a show recently. If it's not US, I apologize in advance, but I swear I had seen similar badges at some point. Hoping someone can point me to an identification. The man who had it in his collection passed onto the big militaria show in the sky and the dealer I got it from was selling for his widow. He seemed to believe this was pretty scarce, but neither he nor I could ID it. My curiosity forced me to buy it :D

Ron

post-4121-0-65607500-1398130509.jpg

post-4121-0-03916700-1398130513.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
Basic Rifleman

On 9/3/2015 at 9:34 PM, ron_brock said:

Just bumping to the top in case anyone know what this thing is.

I just came across a pair of these for the first time today, and couldn't find any others online. I'm not sure if the other related top bars will aid in identifying what these are. Hopefully reviving this thread will get some fresh eyeballs on it...

DSC_3978.JPG

DSC_3979.JPG

SMG = Sub Machine Gun

There is an article in The Trading Post about SMG badges in the CBI 1944 and they have elaborate SMG bars, NOT like the those in this post.  

Basic Rifleman
41 minutes ago, tredhed2 said:

SMG = Sub Machine Gun

There is an article in The Trading Post about SMG badges in the CBI 1944 and they have elaborate SMG bars, NOT like the those in this post.  

So you're telling me what these aren't? Or did I misunderstand your reply?

On 6/10/2023 at 5:59 PM, triplecanopy said:

Could these be law enforcement badges? They don't look like Army or Marine marksmanship awards.

Honestly that is what I was thinking when I bought mine, law enforcement marksman badge for the Thompson Submachine Gun.  They used to shoot civilian/police matches at Camp Perry 

Ron