• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mnvettes

mnvettes
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 152,456
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Had a wonderful opportunity to obtain this uniform group (tunic, pants, & garrison hat).  Actually learned a bit on the 2nd ID shape and color ID's on this website, so thank you all for that.  Still trying to find information on this soldier.  There are a couple marks, so I am not 100% sure on the name.  There are two letters and number ( G.L. 2787666 ).  Also a name of "Wilcox" is written on the tunic, pants, and hat.  I am not sure if it is G.L. Wicox, or if the G.L. and Wilcox are seperate.  Anyway, if anyone has any resources on soldiers I would greatly appreciate any information.  Posting some photos for others to enjoy.  Thank you!

Ok, I have to resize photos to get them on.  I will work on this.  Stay tuned.

Erik.

Attached Images

• Online 5.jpg
  • Online 3.jpg

#2 Bugme

Bugme

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,726
  • 14,716 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Great uniform, I love old wool! This will be a very nice display piece.  :)

#3 mnvettes

mnvettes
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 152,456
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thank you.  Yes, the tunic, pants, and garrison hat are all in very decent shape.  My auction find gets more interesting with my research.  In the boxes were a uniform set for Vietnam, WW2, and this WW1 uniform.  I found that the WW2 veteran is the father of the Vietnam veteran, and the WW1 veteran appears to be the father-in-law of the WW2 veteran, and grandfather (mothers side) of the Vietnam veteran.  Units (from uniform insignia) are as follows.

Vietnam veteran - 8th Infantry Division, 208th support battalion (servare crest), combat medic

WW2 veteran - 79th Infantry Division, Engineer collar disc

WW1 veteran - 2nd Infantry, 3rd Regiment, 5th Machine Gun Battalion, company C

Never came across a family uniform group like this before.  It is a first for me.

Attached Images

• Online 4.jpg
  • Online 9.jpg
  • Online 1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users