USMC Chevrons and Unknown Large Size What Era ? REAL?

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

I bought these at the Flea Market this Sunday. I believe they are OK as I bought some very nice silver EGA's from him a couple of months ago. I would appreciate a date for the Khaki ones and confirmation that they are USMC and not copies. The big red Sgt Stripes on dark blue or black backing I think are IW or SA and are Artillery, but I do not have much ref and appreciate any info. Thank-you Richard

post-15934-0-09209400-1397602262.jpgpost-15934-0-18178100-1397602286.jpg

suwanneetrader

I made them smaller so I could get two per post. I'm not sure if front or back shows what a knowledgeable collector needs but I will do one Forum max size of each and thank you Richard

post-15934-0-63756100-1397607840.jpg

suwanneetrader

I guess if I move the big chevron out of the Marine section maybe someone will tell me the what it is and era Thank you Richard

The green/tan are good. Late WW2 and Korea era, until the crossed rifles were added in '59. These are commonly referred to as bevo weave style chevrons or woven chevrons. I think the material is Rayon. Each pair is worth about $10 in the condition shown. The larger red chevrons are NOT Marine.

suwanneetrader

Thanks to all. I did not think they (the large red & dk blue) were USMC. I thought they were Union Artillery Civil War but afraid they might be from the 1960's for CW re-enactors. What do you Chevron Collectors think? Richard