Someone has too much time on their hands

mvmhm

I have a business trip to Louisville KY coming up soon so thought 'd peruse the Craigslist listings there and found this lamp. First time I've seen a mess kit used in one though....

Mark sends

post-3423-0-05653600-1397231385.jpg

post-3423-0-81712500-1397231389.jpg

post-3423-0-49120800-1397231394.jpg

I had never seen one before (except WW1 era helmet lamps) and then last year, I started to see them regularly on ebay. I remember one with grenades and a poorly painted medic helmet.

Must have been one listed that did well and encouraged others to create these. My opinion: Ugly junk and a waste of items in assembling the piece.

Scott

I do have to say that if I put that in my flea market booth here in the Camp Pendleton area, it'd sell quickly to one of the many retired Marines who stop by.

17thairborne

Don't you know the day that thing showed up the wife was plotting how to get it out of the house!

THis is the perfect thing to buy. Using Sun Tsu's methods, you set this in a prominant place in the house and it becomes you wife's focus, the bain of her existance. She will do anything to get rid of it. You insist it's staying, and while the three or four months of discussions ensue, you quietly purchase all the other stuff that she has refused to allow in the house. Once you have done that, you admit that she is right and you will sell it immediately because you love her more than anything. In the meanwhile, your collection has grown while the "enemy" has focused on your great diversion. ;)

Don't you know the day that thing showed up the wife was plotting how to get it out of the house!

Reminds me of the way Ralphie's mom got rid of the lamp in "The Christmas Story"

This thing is probably being sold by the guys wife while he's off on a fishing trip.

I do have to say that if I put that in my flea market booth here in the Camp Pendleton area, it'd sell quickly to one of the many retired Marines who stop by.

I think you hit the nail on the head here Bob. It is so ugly, only a Marine would call it art. Funny, when I first saw this post, I immediately wanted one!

Semper Fi!!!!

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

yeah, its ugly, but if you painted it red,white, and blue, every guy would want one just like it, LOL!

Reminds me of the way Ralphie's mom got rid of the lamp in "The Christmas Story"

OMG! That was the first thing I thought of!!

But you know, some one WILL buy this thing. :lol:

• 10 months later...