something isn't right here

Peterbiltprison

The seller said he thinks it was for a movie or maybe a cadet....I'd go with the movie prop theory...otherwise they don't look like they're trying to pull anything funny....

Mark sends

USMC-RECON0321

I would say prop, but well done and pretty hard to tell its really only a doctored up liner and not a steel shell.

Peterbiltprison

it took me a good few takes just to see what it was I thought i had a shell but a closer look proved me wrong. But thanks for the feed back.

You're right patches! It looks just like those funky helmets. Btw why did that movie use foreign clones for American helmets in the first place?

Ronnie

You're right patches! It looks just like those funky helmets. Btw why did that movie use foreign clones for American helmets in the first place?

Ronnie

The same reason they put a French M51 steel helmet on the head of the actor who was playing the U.S. General James Gavin in The Bridge too Far, they didn't know or care, more on the didn't care side. :lol:

this definitely looks like the work of a Hollywood prop dept, looks close enough that most viewers are not going to notice its a fake prop helmet

post-1885-0-30002200-1395420391.jpg

That must be sn awful lot of work to make those....how did they get rid of all the exterior rivet heads and also atatching the metal M1 helmet rim edging to the plastic liner edge....i would thonk it would have been easier for a prop department to just make a fiber glass mold of the steel shell...i think i read another thread years ago about some of these being officer or nco helmets too...im not saying its not a hollywood helmet but also possible parade type thing....wish i could find the old threads but im on my phone right now....mike

• 5 years later...

One more sighting of the type being worn in Patton, by Bill Hickman who played Patton's driver, I don't know, they must have had a few of these prop helmets floating around in wardrobe. Hickman on the right, while the other two wear real helmets.

post-34986-0-84595100-1577669732.jpg