Laughable "1930s" USMC bandsman chevron

Mtlh2010

This could be made for a military school or something like that. I've seen chevrons used by military style bands that are pretty weird looking and this could be one of those. It looks Marine, so the seller just assumed that's what it is. Also keep in mind that in Scottish dressed pipe bands, the Pipe Major wears 4 chevrons pointed up on the right fore-arm. If it was in my collection, I'd have it with the "unidentified", chevrons until I could prove it was either a real band chevron for some organization, or a fantasy piece.

• 8 months later...
SgtMaddoxUSMC

So funny story guys.. I am reading this post the other night and thinking "That sucks some fool fell for this obviously fake chevron" and later on that night as I am resorting through my small chevron collection GUESS WHAT I FOUND?? Yep. This. Very. Chevron. I guess I must have had too many one night and gone on an eBay spree (as I do sometimes) and never realized! Guess I will throw it out and prevent it from reproducing into someone else's (inebriated) collection. Making online purchases should come with a breathalizer to make sure you're sober enough to be trusted with your own bank account!