• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 History Man

History Man
  • Members
    • Member ID: 25,965
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Well, it is that time of year again (well, almost) for the West Coast Historical Military Collector's Show in Pomona, CA. It will be taking place on May 9 and 10...with dealer load-in being on the 8th. This the largest and the best show on the West Coast, it is a must-attend for those who can make it....a great selection of militaria and a chance to meet forum members! This show is run by Vintage Productions, and they do a fantastic job every year on this show.....I look forward to them every year.

Any forum members planning on setting up or attending?

I plan on being there with two tables this year.

Information below:

LINK: http://www.militariashow.com/

The West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show will be May 9-10, 2014!

Thank you everyone for making our most recent May, 2013 event a success story, we enjoyed a great crowd Friday/Saturday and overall it was a very fun weekend! Thank you to our dealers for their participation, we had a great variety of items for sale and some wonderful displays - the public loved it! Our new LARGER show format (combining our May and November shows into ONE May event) was a really big hit in Building #4 (the largest convention building at the Fairplex!).

Vintage Productions is once again bringing together quality militaria dealers from all around the world for our ALL MILITARIA show at The Fairplex in Pomona. Our next event is scheduled for Friday, May 9th and Saturday, May 10th, 2014 - No Sunday hours. We will be focusing considerable effort on promoting and growing our May event and we are excited to be continuing on in the larger building #4. We will be making great strides to provide our dealers with an even better event next year!

We hope our dealers and public will continue to be supportive as we continue to move ahead and evolve this annual event into an event better show. We would like to invite all of our current, previous and new historical military antiques and collectiblesdealers to attend our May, 2014 event. Be aware that table reservations will not be accepted without payment – please plan to complete your paperwork ASAP, in order to secure your space. Are you a serious collector? If so, we invite you to come early and get a first look; purchase your EARLY BIRD BUY-IN pass, available during Dealer load-in 3pm-6pm on THURSDAY, cost is $95 and the pass is good for the entire weekend!

Friday, May 9th & Saturday, May 10th, 2014

Thursday, May 8th: Dealer load in 3pm-6pm (subject to change)

Friday, May 9th: Additional dealer load in time (as needed): 8am-10am

Friday, May 9th: Open to public 10am-6pm

Saturday, May 10th: Open to public 9am-5pm (no Sunday hours)

We will continue to present a military themed costume contest on Saturday afternoon

This show will be showcasing a HUGE assortment of superior historical militaria antiques and related collectibles from all time periods and countries – all well represented! Building #4 will be home to over 500 tables with hundreds of quality dealers, as well as many unique displays from collector groups, military vehicles, authors, special guests etc, all from around the country! Great for the novice or expert collector! Bring the entire family! Active Military and their families are always FREE.

125583.300dpi.jpg

Edited by History Man, 06 March 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#2 zotig111

zotig111
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,230
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

I'll be there. Not sure what I'll be bringing as SoS pretty well wiped out my inventory... I may have to start bringing stuff out of the collection.

#3 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 492
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Don't worry Tom, I can sell you a whole new inventory....

#4 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

pc.jpg

#5 zotig111

zotig111
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,230
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Don't worry Tom, I can sell you a whole new inventory....

I'll get the checkbook from my wife... :D

#6 tredhed2

tredhed2
  • Members
    • Member ID: 622
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Biggest and best show on the Left Coast, probably west of the Mississippi. You guys from NV, UT and AZ should definitely make the drive, as well as northern CA folks. No one has "I shoulda spent more time in the office" on their headstone. (Remember to start hacking in the office on 8 May).  

Everything from entry level on up is there. Everything you see here is there - unless you are slow. There are dealers from all over the universe there. Not everything is on the web, either. You see it, and you're the first one, then buy it. You don't have to sit on it for 6 days and 22 hrs. Dealers bring good stuff to sell, they don't save it all for the internet. Come out and handle stuff, see it in real life, not just on a computer screen. Do side by side comparisons. Apply what you have learned here.

I see lots of folks happier than h*ll that they found an Ike w/ a 3rd Army and 7th Army patch on it. On the other hand, I see collectors talking out loud to themselves on how they are going to get it by their significant others at home.     

#7 trenchbuff

trenchbuff
  • Members
    • Member ID: 944
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Love this show! :D

#8 uplandmod

uplandmod
  • Members
    • Member ID: 20,589
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'm so Feeling it!

#9 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Myself and buddy Trooper Bob will make the cross-country drive again...it is a good and fun show...Robert

#10 rustywings

rustywings

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
    • Member ID: 7,548
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Biggest and best show on the Left Coast, probably west of the Mississippi. You guys from NV, UT and AZ should definitely make the drive, as well as northern CA folks. No one has "I shoulda spent more time in the office" on their headstone. (Remember to start hacking in the office on 8 May).  

Everything from entry level on up is there. Everything you see here is there - unless you are slow. There are dealers from all over the universe there. Not everything is on the web, either. You see it, and you're the first one, then buy it. You don't have to sit on it for 6 days and 22 hrs. Dealers bring good stuff to sell, they don't save it all for the internet. Come out and handle stuff, see it in real life, not just on a computer screen. Do side by side comparisons. Apply what you have learned here.

I see lots of folks happier than h*ll that they found an Ike w/ a 3rd Army and 7th Army patch on it. On the other hand, I see collectors talking out loud to themselves on how they are going to get it by their significant others at home.     

I couldn't have summed it up better!

#11 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for all the kind words.

I will start posting some photos from the last show shortly....

#12 irish

irish
  • Members
    • Member ID: 758
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

Man if Robert will make the drive across the whole country then I need to get over there sometime. All the fun is in sunny California.

#13 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Man if Robert will make the drive across the whole country then I need to get over there sometime. All the fun is in sunny California.

Jack-You should make it. The weather in So Cal is way better then where you are...

#14 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Jack-You should make it. The weather in So Cal is way better then where you are...

Jack,

There are patches everywhere...

#15 irish

irish
  • Members
    • Member ID: 758
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Sunny Southern California and patches everywhere sounds great. I will get out there soon. My lovely wife would insist on coming along with me. Have fun fellas

#16 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

At last years show the "Mail Call" jeep owned by member Rob Lihani (RobL) was on display.

West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show 052013 HIGH RES-9633.jpg

#17 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

ad.jpg

#18 kammo-man

kammo-man
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,009
  • 12,784 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

I will be there !

Anyone have any Vietnam camouflage uniforms ?
Find me and we can deal !!!!!

Looking for any photographs of Cammo in use also

See you all at the show

Owen

#19 TrenchfootJoe66

TrenchfootJoe66
  • Members
    • Member ID: 10,797
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Bob

Love the flyer you put together for the show, awesome photo. I never seem to be able to pull together a cross country trip, Maybe one day...

#20 Shenkursk

Shenkursk

MODERATOR / SPONSOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 183
  • 980 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I never seem to be able to pull together a cross country trip, Maybe one day...

Guys, that's the real beauty of this show.  Ontario, CA airport is just 11 miles away - pretty much a straight shot.  Just get on the 10, and head to the fairgrounds.  Ontario is also one of the easiest / friendliest airports to navigate in the US.  It is served by 7 airlines: American, Delta, Southwest, United, Alaska, US Airways, and AeroMexico.  

Depending on the flight you choose and when you book it, this will not cost you much, either.  I did a search today for a flight from Baltimore to Ontario CA, and you can do the whole thing for $366 if you pick their off-peak flights.  A search on Orbitz and Priceline returned rates from $450 to $550 for the other carriers.

When you consider your gas, hotels, etc. you can get to Pomona faster and for the same amount or even less than you would pay to attend most midwest / eastern US shows.  It's absolutely painless.  Hop on that big bird, and go.  You will NOT regret it.

As a buyer and a seller, it is also important to note that you will meet a lot of folks in Pomona who do not routinely travel back to middle and eastern USA. 

#21 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Like Jeff said, it is very easy to get there.

Plus if you fly to Ontario, and stay at the Sheraton (onsite), the hotel will pick you up and drop you off for free.

#22 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Here's a look in the other direction from the main door.

rtsd.jpg

#23 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

Then the other way.

over.jpg

#24 unclegrumpy

unclegrumpy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,268
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Like Jeff said, it is very easy to get there.

Plus if you fly to Ontario, and stay at the Sheraton (onsite), the hotel will pick you up and drop you off for free.

And, once at the Sheraton, it is a very short walk out the Hotel's side door and into the Exhibition Hall.  

#25 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 16,141 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Most of my better photos are on my other computer so will show what I have for now.

misc.jpg

Ed Anderson's tables from a past show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users