325th GIR DI by Meyer

fldjr

Looking thru other threads, the ones made by Newcome are noted as WWII produced DIs. What era does this NS Meyer marked one look like? The vet landed in Normandy on June 7. Thanks!
Fred

post-3544-0-60717600-1394127441.jpg

If you've ever wanted to start some controversy, ask three collectors what time period the various Meyer maker's marks represent. I've seen this type of hallmark on other World War II period pieces, though most of the wartime 325th GIR DI's that you will encounter are the Newcombe sterling examples. As the 325th remained on active duty after WWII, these DI's could have dated to the immediate post war period. This isn't the definitive answer you were looking for- but my personal opinion is that they are WWII vintage.

Allan

This is the best guide so far I imagine.The middle top, raised, with N.S. Meyer INC. New York off to the side of the shield, is given as WWII. It's just the wording inside the arms of the cross has not been illustrated in this chart, and the INC. is depicted after Meyer rather than under it as seen on this DI.

post-34986-0-89485500-1394168427.jpg