• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 33,887 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

Looking for a flame thrower or parts to complete one for a display.WW2 preffered or Viet Nam.I alsoposted this in the Wanted section.Thanks for your help.

RON

#2 Jeff Ashenfelter

Jeff Ashenfelter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,827
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:30 AM

Ron, I think unless you are lucky that you will need very deep pockets to find one. Just the parts that I have seen are very expensive. I also believe that they are title 2 weapons that require registration. I will keep my eye out for one for you. Jeff

#3 Bill in VA

Bill in VA
  • Members
    • Member ID: 302
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

Ron, I think unless you are lucky that you will need very deep pockets to find one. Just the parts that I have seen are very expensive. I also believe that they are title 2 weapons that require registration. I will keep my eye out for one for you. Jeff

You're right about needing deep pockets, Jeff, but flamethrowers aren't NFA devices. In fact, they're not even firearms, nor are they regulated as weapons under US federal law...they're considered an agricultural device.

#4 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 33,887 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

I need something to kill the weeds http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

Thanks for all the replys.Im actually seeking one for a friend and he has quite a few parts for a WW2 model.The weed killing part is not to far of a connection.The US Forest Service used them for the same purpose.Thanks again http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

RON

#5 copdoc

copdoc
  • Members
    • Member ID: 498
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

I need something to kill the weeds

That is the only reason I have one. :lol: They are not that good for deer hunting.

There are few for sale but one of the forum members talked about building a reproduction.

This one is fired over a torch to save the igniters which are expensive in themselves.

Posted Image

#6 Guest_Photographer_*

Guest_Photographer_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:04 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a hose and a set of tanks for my WWII flame thrower?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users