New wings – just in! Robbins Naval Aviator

robert60446

robert60446

Hi guys,

Finally I have nailed on Robbins Co Navy Pilot wings. This set is nicely curved, also catch is open from the top…

post-2829-1211065721.jpg

robert60446

Thanks Gary! Here is better obverse picture. It is hard to capture nicely gold on those wings without screwing white balance... :rolleyes:

post-2829-1211073571.jpg

John Cooper

Good Morning Robert!

Another nice addition! Maybe if you have the time a nice group shot of your Navy wings would be cool.

John

robert60446
Good Morning Robert!

Another nice addition! Maybe if you have the time a nice group shot of your Navy wings would be cool.

John

Hi John,

I will try to do this when i will receive new display cases (recommended by you - thanks). I will be moving stuff anyway at that time… thumbsup.gif

John Cooper

Robert,

So which size did you buy? I like the 18x24 size which I will have to take some photos of if I can figure out how to do it without seeing any reflections...

John

robert60446

John,

I talked to them over the phone yesterday (funny thing I swear I could hear noises from the shop in background) and they are going to mail me catalog today. They don’t have any literature in electronic format, so the only way to see their products is good old fashion catalog. Very nice people by the way…

John Cooper

Robert,

Glad you made contact!

Here are some pix for others to look at if they are in need of good quality cases at low pices.

00095_02.jpg00095_03.jpg

Steele’s Display Cases

5665 State Route 605

Westerville, OH 43082

Orders: 800.589.2944

robert60446

John, how you are mounting wings in those case? Is there enough room to move needle underneath of material?

John Cooper

Robert - no need to pin them in they are held in place by the glass. There is some high density foam under the backing material so when you close the glass they are nice and secure.

John

robert60446
Robert - no need to pin them in they are held in place by the glass. There is some high density foam under the backing material so when you close the glass they are nice and secure.

John

Sweet! This leaves you a free hand on positioning them and etc. Thanks for this info John. I'm guessing with catalog there are nice background foam color choices?

Ps. when I will get their catalog I will try to scan it and make it readable as a PDF file… ;)

John Cooper
Those look like some nice cases. So how cheap, is cheap? ;) I could use about 12-14 new cases.

J.D.

WOW that many... I can tell you that they are really good quality try one out and see if you like them.

John

John,

Thanks for the info as well. I have a few A-2 jacket groupings. I like to

display a few pictures, their wings, ID Cards, medals, or whatever else

I have that happens to be in the grouping. Some are too large to display

it all, but I still like to have some items cased to show with the jacket!

Thanks again,

J.D.