Capt Ford O Rogers Portrait, USMC...Northern Bomb Group Pilot

Brig

Picked up this 1930's portrait of Captain Ford O Rogers, who earned a Navy Cross as a pilot with the Northern Bomb Group in France during WWI, and would retire after WWII as a Major General. Great photo with Army style marksman badge, Navy Cross ribbon, WWI Victory ribbon w/ 2 stars, and USMC Expeditionary Ribbon. May be the studio light, but ribbons sure look pretty worn on the edges. He also earned a Legion of Merit and DFC during his career

The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Navy Cross to First Lieutenant Ford Ovid Rogers (MCSN: 0-840), United States Marine Corps, for distinguished and heroic service as an Aviator of an aeroplane while serving with the First Marine Aviation Force, attached to the Northern Bomb Group (USN), in active operation co-operating with the Allied Armies on the Belgian Front during September, October, and November, 1918, bombing enemy bases, aerodromes, submarine bases, ammunition dumps, railroad junctions, etc.

01-28-2014 02;35;26PM.jpg

Would you have the nerve to tell that Navy Cross recipient his ribbons were unsat? Think I'd pass.

Sure, if I had some stars on my collar or a MOH :lol:

• 1 year later...

I just discovered that in October of 1942, Col Rogers became the Chief of the US Naval Air Mission to Peru, as well as CG of the Peruvian Air Force by authority of the Peruvian president