Confederate Old English or Script Infantry Buttons

Recently posted was an Authentic Confederate Generals Kepi with Confederate Old English I buttons, an excellent period Kepi. There were also Old English "lined manuscript" buttons produced also. These buttons are known to Civil War collectors but not very known to others, this post may help others to learn. The Confederate used many block I buttons but they are easy to reconize as an I which stood for Infantry. Here are two buttons, one undug with a different style script I button that is on the above mentioned Kepi, all are period.

post-1658-0-22289500-1390863659.jpg

Yes, Halfmann & Taylor were located in Montgomery, Alabama, however these buttons shown were imported from England to be sold by this dealer. But these style buttons were made in the South and refererred to as "Confederate Locals" Here is a damaged script I dug button which shows lines and referered to a " A lined Old Engish I" button. S. Isaacs Campbell & Co in London produced many of this style. I hope some members of the Forum can look through their old buttons and find one now knowing what the are now.

post-1658-0-13787600-1390948919.jpg