WWI ID BRACELET: 3rd DIVSION DSC RECEPIENT

BEAST

Paul Seiberling served with the 9th Machine Gun Battalion, 3rd Division.

post-203-0-76313000-1389462797.jpg

"The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress, July 9, 1918, takes pleasure in presenting the Distinguished Service Cross to Second Lieutenant (Infantry) Paul A. Seiberling, United States Army, for extraordinary heroism in action while serving with 9th Machine-Gun Battalion, 3d Division, A.E.F., near Madeleine Farm, France, 16 October 1918. Lieutenant Seiberling, with a comrade, exposed himself to heavy enemy machine-gun fire in crawling forward in advance of our lines to rescue a wounded soldier. The wounded man was lying in a shell hole about 100 yards in advance of our lines. The rescuers were subject to enemy machine-gun fire from the time they left our lines until they returned. General Orders: War Department, General Orders No. 53 (1920)"

http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=14588

Award Cards for DSC and SIlver Star

post-203-0-22861800-1389462859.jpg

LT Paul Seiberling:

post-203-0-16908100-1389463094.jpg

USCapturephotos

That is really cool. I used to have the dog tags and a few other odds and ends from a 42nd Div. DSC winner during WW1 but sold them. I kind of wish I still had them.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul

• 5 years later...
mightythor101

Actually Lt. Paul Seiberling was awarded his DSC January 7, 1919...... they didn't hand the actual medal to him until 1920. I cant get a Third Division link to open up on here, for some reason, that may be his as well....... I did a search for seiberling, and your bracelet shows up, a 3rd division uniform shows up, and then 2 other links from a different man i think, from ohio.... cant get those to open up either. Do you know what the uniform link is?

thanks,

ted

Actually Lt. Paul Seiberling was awarded his DSC January 7, 1919...... they didn't hand the actual medal to him until 1920. I cant get a Third Division link to open up on here, for some reason, that may be his as well....... I did a search for seiberling, and your bracelet shows up, a 3rd division uniform shows up, and then 2 other links from a different man i think, from ohio.... cant get those to open up either. Do you know what the uniform link is?

thanks,

ted

Hi Ted, Can you post the uniform links? I'm don't know of any uniform from Seiberling.

• 1 month later...

The most recent AGM catalog had the medals award to Seiberling. Unfortunately, I was not the person who bought them. Here are a few screen shots that I was able to grab. I hope the buyer is a member here!

post-203-0-50085400-1582041412.jpg

post-203-0-57844500-1582041422.jpg

post-203-0-92173800-1582041434.jpg