USAAF aviator, PTO, summer '45

Sabrejet

This represents a hypothetical aviator as he might have appeared in the PTO in the closing weeks of the war. The flying helmet is a summer-weight AN-H-15 with ANB-H-1 receivers. The goggles are B8s with amber lens. The oxygen mask is an A-14. Communications were via the T-30S throat mic. The flak helmet is an M5...the ultimate wartime design. Much more streamlined than its predecessors and one which integrated rather better with the goggles and mask etc.

post-8022-0-64407200-1389094795.jpg

post-8022-0-04396000-1389094797.jpg

Just noticed the chin strap connectors on the flak helmet. They look like the connectors on the late M1 helnets, KW era. Are they they same?

Just noticed the chin strap connectors on the flak helmet. They look like the connectors on the late M1 helnets, KW era. Are they they same?

Yes, the same design...but smaller.

Very nice setups, both of them. Look to be in excellent condition as well. I am a sucker for USAAF late war PTO stuff, especially the VLR Mustang units. Thanks for sharing!

Well, I didn't know about that website and they had an M3 flak helmet. Unfortunately I'm too late as its reserved.

...and I know by whom Neil! (a fellow British forum-er!) :)

Very nice setups, both of them. Look to be in excellent condition as well. I am a sucker for USAAF late war PTO stuff, especially the VLR Mustang units. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure....thank you! ;)

...and I know by whom Neil! (a fellow British forum-er!) :)

Well he is a lucky guy !!! who ever he is !! ;)