361st Fighter Group Valor Certificate

355fg

Certificate for Valor awarded to 1st Lt Eugene L. Czapla from the 361st Fighter Group for 270 hours of combat operations. He was credited with one enemy aircraft destroyed and received the Distinguished Flying Cross and Air Medal with 5 oak leaf clusters. Lt. Czapla survived the war, but tragically died in an aircraft training accident in December 1946.

post-4651-0-64425300-1388590441.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the heads up. I saw the listing, but unfortunately I will not be able to purchase it. If the winning bidder sees this thread hopefully we can work something out to reunite the certificate with the uniform. I will also contact the seller to ask that they forward my contact to the buyer.

• 2 weeks later...
kyhistorian01

Thanks for sharing the picture of the document. I have several blank versions of this document that were among the files I have that belonged to the late Brig Gen Jesse Auton - who's signature appears on the document. I have many of his files and photos along with his medals and other related artifacts. This is the first one I have seen filled out with the pilots name.

• 4 years later...

Dear 355th FG,

We at the Bottisham Airfield Museum purchased the uniform and are currently busing creating a display in Eugene's honour - would you consider moving on the certificate to us - would look fantastic as part of our display.

Many thanks

Jason

Bottisham Airfield Museum