Society of American Military Engineers

Hello all!

It's been fun seeing examples of all the different lapel devices posted here, and even more fun digging back through the years of my collecting and unearthing some of these little beauties. Here is a lapel pin for the Society of Military Engineers. There is plenty of info on this organization on the web, here's the intro paragraph on the Society from Wiki: Founded in 1920, the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) is an organization for military engineering professionals. According to its website, SAME was formed “in the interest of National Defense… bringing together all phases of U.S. engineering, [in both the] civil sector and military, for the advancement of knowledge…and the rapid mobilization of engineering capabilities.”

Please feel free to add any examples you might have or any other lapel devices related to the Army Engineer Corps, I'd love to see them.

Thank you for stopping in an reading, best to everyone,

Joe

post-48324-0-97989500-1388355438.jpg

Hi Joe,

Very nice! I have a pin-back version of this label button I will try and post tonight.

Thank you for posting it!

RC

Hi Joe,

Very nice! I have a pin-back version of this label button I will try and post tonight.

Thank you for posting it!

RC

Hi RC,

I'd really like to see it, please post it when you have the chance!

I hope you had a nice holiday, thank you for replying.

Best wishes,

Joe

Nice, any maker's marks?

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thanks for stopping in and replying. No, unfortunately no marks of any kind on the device, I even checked the inside of the screwback, sometimes they hide the marks there.

Thank you for asking though, I should be including such info and will try and remember to do that on future threads. I just must be gettin' lazy in my old age!

My best wishes to you!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you, I had a nice holiday and I hope the same was true for you.

I managed to find a couple snapshots I had taken not long ago in preparation for posting, but they did not turn out as I had hoped and I thought I had deleted them. I think they are good enough until I can get new photos taken. Also note that this one is "Bronze" marked. I wonder if there was a reason for the difference? It appears the example you have is brass.

Enjoy the photos, and thanks again for posting!

RC

ame1.jpg

ame2.jpg

Hello RC,

What a beautiful example!! A Bailey Banks & Biddle Bronze piece...I think I'm in love <sigh>

Your bronze piece no doubt pre-dates my brass example, in fact it very well might have been one of the first issued in the 1920's coming from such a prestigious source as BB&B. Look at that incredible patina that only bronze develops, breathtaking.

This is a PRIME example of what I really love about this Forum, we get to see incredible things without leaving our chair! THANK YOU for adding this here and sharing it with us.

Best wishes to you!

Joe

Joe and RC,

Both of you have beautiful examples. The detail in these small items is what I love the most. I often think small items like these are passed over when in reality, they are a great item to collect.

Thanks for showing these! .....Kat

Hi Joe and Kat, thank you both for the kind words. I love this new section.

Joe: You have a good point, it does seem early. As a matter of fact when I picked it up I was collecting WWI era items. Thank you again for posting your example, it is very nice to compare all the variations of these buttons.

RC

• 7 months later...

Neat. I was a student member of the SAME while in College. We had monthly meetings and received a cool magazine but I never got me a pin.