• Please log in to reply
644 replies to this topic

#51 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 387
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

Great uniforms and pleased to see Marines included. Have you considered updating Gen Cushman's rack? http://www.arlington...net/cushman.htm

See pic below. I updated the "rack".
4starchris

#52 rayg

rayg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 89
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:59 AM

Chris, I just looked at your collection once again and can't say enough how fantastic it is.
Okay, I collect also but can only recall seeing some high ranking named uniforms once in a while. I know, you need to focus on items to find them. So you must do auctions and shows and have got to have people bird dogging for you. I just can't believe the items in your collection, congratulations again, Ray

#53 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:33 PM

Chris, I just looked at your collection once again and can't say enough how fantastic it is.
Okay, I collect also but can only recall seeing some high ranking named uniforms once in a while. I know, you need to focus on items to find them. So you must do auctions and shows and have got to have people bird dogging for you. I just can't believe the items in your collection, congratulations again, Ray

Ray,
Thanks for the kinds worrds. Thanks for coming back and taking another look. This is just a small part of what I have. Do you have anything in particular you would like to see let me know. If I have it I'll share it.
4starchris

#54 bilko *Deceased*

bilko *Deceased*

IN MEMORIAM

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 39
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

Chris,

You have a sweet collection http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif Do you have anything from the 5th army staff in ww2?.

Cheers,

Dave.

#55 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

clark_parka_44.JPG

Dave,
Let me know if anyone particular.
I hope this helps. General Mark Clark Parka. Courtesy of National Leadership Foundation, Fort Wort, Texas

#56 Brian D

Brian D
  • Members
    • Member ID: 291
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

HOLY CRAP! A VIRTUAL WHO'S WHO IN MILITARY LEADERSHIP! WOW, THANKS FOR SHARING THIS IMPRESSIVE COLLECTION WITH US HERE!

#57 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

HOLY CRAP! A VIRTUAL WHO'S WHO IN MILITARY LEADERSHIP! WOW, THANKS FOR SHARING THIS IMPRESSIVE COLLECTION WITH US HERE!

Thanks for the kind words Brian. I am glad that I was able to provide something for you to enjoy.
4starchris

#58 Guest_Harvey_*

Guest_Harvey_*
  • Guests
    • Member ID: 695

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

Great googly-moogly! The one question that keeps coming to mind is HOW did you acquire all of these?? There should be some kind of museum to display all of these impressive uniforms and other items! Well done!

Oh, and one minor thing - the Presidential Unit Citation on Admiral Radford's uniform is upside down -- the blue is s'posed to be on top.

-Dave

#59 Dubar1

Dubar1
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:40 AM

Fantastic collection http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif I can't imagine what hoops you had to jump thru to acquire some of these http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

The Navy command I worked for had an Admirals uniform in a case by the front door (as do a lot of commands) and often wondered what becomes of all this stuff when commands merge or get eliminated. My command changed names at least 4 times and I know each time things got put in boxes never again to see the light of day. One of my co-workers that retired with me back in January of this year had been with the command since conception and he said he wanted the old plaques with the names of each on them. It took us about 9 months, but we managed to find each and every one to give him at the retirement ceremony.

Some of the current ships also have displays. The U.S.S. Normandy has a display with a variety of items that were used during the invasion. While working on the U.S.S. Anzio, they had a group of Anzio veterans visit while we were onboard. I had a blast talking to these old guys. Shame was most of the younger civilians and sailors onboard didn't have a clue as to who these guys were or what had taken place at Anzio.

#60 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 548
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:09 AM

Dunbar,
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the uniforms.
A collection like this comes once in a lifetime. I have been very fortunate to have such a collection. Even more so to know that it probably can never be reproduced.
I appreciated a Forum like this that allow people from all over the world to see them.
The only other thing that surpasses the imagination is to actually see all of them on display at one time in one place.
Thanks for serving, guardian of the peace and freedom.

#61 cpatrick

cpatrick
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 468
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

Chris,

Do you have any Civil War? I love the old stuff as well......

Chris

#62 34BDQ

34BDQ
  • Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

Chris
AOutstanding Display!!!!!! Would you please send a scan of General Powell's ribbon bar.
Mahalo, Dennis

#63 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

Chris,

Do you have any Civil War? I love the old stuff as well......

Chris

Chris,
Sorry but no I do not have any Civil War items.
4starchris

#64 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 779
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

Chris
AOutstanding Display!!!!!! Would you please send a scan of General Powell's ribbon bar.
Mahalo, Dennis

I will see what I can do. Thanks for looking.
4starchris

#65 M60 Driver

M60 Driver
  • Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Being still new to these boards I just today came upon this thread. All I can say is shazaam Sgt Carter (4starchris). That collection makes a history geek like me drool all over my keyboard.

But just how do you go about asking a general for their uniform?

#66 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 769
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

Chris
Mahalo, Dennis

powell_ribs_44.jpg

I hope this fullfills your request. Let me know if I can do anything else. Thanks for looking.
4starchris

#67 dpcsdan

dpcsdan
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Thanks so very much for sharing the photos of your truly unbelivable collection. I've not seen finer in the museums I've visited.

#68 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
    • Member ID: 388
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Thanks so very much for sharing the photos of your truly unbelivable collection. I've not seen finer in the museums I've visited.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you saw something you liked. I post here so others may share in my collection but far more important is giving others the oppurtunity to see things that they may never have a chance to see.
4starchris

#69 usaf70

usaf70
  • Members
    • Member ID: 89
  • 977 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

A GREAT HISTORICAL COLLECTION!
The question everyone is wondering: How did you acquire the Uniforms being displayed?

Tom

#70 rayg

rayg
  • Members
    • Member ID: 202
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

That is one of the most fascinating collections I have ever seen. How on earth were you able to get all those uniforms with the decorations and autographs and other items from those major military players. My hats off to you. Could it be that your name, "4STARCRIS" has something to do with access to some of those folks? Again, congratulations on one fine collection, Ray

#71 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

Hi Chris,

Please, it possible show me the SGT Chilson Blue uniform?

Thanks Mate!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

#72 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Chilson_44_uni.JPG

Ricardo,
Here is the most decorated soldier of WWII. MSG LLewellyn Chilson. 3 DSC, 2 Silver Stars, Bronze star legion of merit all at one time,
Thanks my good brazilian friend. enjoy
4starchris

#73 4STARCHRIS

4STARCHRIS
  • Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

chilson_44_2_uni.JPG

Ricardo,
Here is LLeweylln Chilson original IKE jaket also. Enjoy
All original.
4starchris

#74 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:49 AM

Dear Friend Chris,

Thank you so much for this opportunity in seeing these uniforms and medals!!!

Only THE BEST uniforms do you have Mate!!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Best regards from Brazil (now, with 5C - very cold),

Ricardo.

#75 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

T/Sgt Llewellyn Chilson!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users