USMC KA-Bar Door Handles at MARSOC

Fly USMC

Did a one day at MARSOC (Marine Corps Special Operations Command) with a bunch of WWII Raiders earlier this year and this is what is on the door handles there:

post-5056-0-21573800-1387368861.jpg

post-5056-0-64512400-1387368874.jpg

I'm actually surprised they let anyone onto the compound...if you order a pizza delivery they make you exit the compound to get it

I'm actually surprised they let anyone onto the compound...if you order a pizza delivery they make you exit the compound to get it

It was a rare event.

They let those attending the Raider reunion into the building and past the first security barricade. They took the approx. 20 Raiders back further into the compound for a short period of time. I was Active duty with a current Secret Security clearance and I did not get to go back that far. The room that they let us all into was sort of an auditorium where they showed an un-classified power point of what MARSOC does today. Afterword's, the 20 Raiders came up front for a Question and answer period. There were no recording devices allowed in that area, but I wish some one would have broken the rules in this case. There were 45 minutes to an hour of pure gold in the form of stories during that time. That was the 3rd Raider Reunion that I went to. Iam always in Awe when I hear what these Marines have gone through.

The other Great thing about MARSOC is the GC is General "Droopy" Clark. He is the Highest ranking CH-53E pilot on active duty. Note the CH-53E is also known as Gods Aircraft (at least that is how I know it).

Be very careful not to cut yourself when opening the door :blink: ... ;)

Yeah, that's the first thing that crossed my mind.

Even if they ground the edges down, there's still the tip, and an injury waiting to happen.

Yeah, that's the first thing that crossed my mind.

Even if they ground the edges down, there's still the tip, and an injury waiting to happen.

Luckily it's a closed compound filled with people who can't sue

Luckily it's a closed compound filled with people who can't sue

Wanna bet on that?

If something is set up with obvious disregard for safety, you can sue for that. It's tough to do, but you can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's not a safety issue, it's a security feature. i you're too short to grab the safe end of the handle, you are forbidden entry!!!! :D

That is a very cool pic and one Badass hatch handle

2 of my Marines at work have been accepted to the MARSOC training facility this April to try out. They are good Devil Dogs and highly MOTO. I hope they make!!!

Semper Fi

Phil

That is a very cool pic and one Badass hatch handle

2 of my Marines at work have been accepted to the MARSOC training facility this April to try out. They are good Devil Dogs and highly MOTO. I hope they make!!!

Semper Fi

Phil

Phil, That is Awesome! Hope they do well. I know of one Marine that went twice for the tryout and still didn't make it. He was and still is a great Marine, but not everyone will make the cut.

Semper Fi,

John

• 2 weeks later...