• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 tarheeltim

tarheeltim
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,764
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

Just saw this on eBay and was about to message SKIPH.  Knife and scabbard definitely repro.  Thanks for posting.

#102 militariaone

militariaone
  • Members
    • Member ID: 31,352
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:06 AM

Greetings all,

Today's entry, a Japanese copy listed in the original category, which the seller indicates "this is not a Japanese copy." Bonus, "the original sheath is in nice condition and has the 2 tabs on the side of the sheath." Yes, the scabbard is a modern reproduction as well.  At least this seller is fully embracing their convictions by stating the knife is "original." Most of these reproduction sold as original types add some obligatory "I'm no expert judge for yourself" blurb in their item's description. By indicating the knife is specifically not of Japanese origin, this seller is basically indicating they know exactly what they are doing. You can't make this stuff up.  :dry:

Best,

V/r Lance

Copy.jpg

#103 M14sRock

M14sRock
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 5,049
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

So much great information in this thread.

I just got one of these that has had the knuckles removed so I came here to see what I've got. I'll take some pics and post them up, in case they will be useful to anyone.

#104 militariaone

militariaone
  • Members
    • Member ID: 31,352
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:15 PM

So much great information in this thread.

I just got one of these that has had the knuckles removed so I came here to see what I've got. I'll take some pics and post them up, in case they will be useful to anyone.

Greetings,

Yes, please feel free to add any relevant content. :)

Best,

V/r Lance

Edited by militariaone, 18 April 2019 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users