DUI Reference suggestions

Wedgehead30

Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but searching turned up nothing.

I've ordered a copy of Steins U.S. Army Heraldic Crests and I recently joined ASMIC. I would like to put together a good reference library for identifying DUI's. I plan to place an order with ASMIC soon. I would be interested in any suggestions on what to buy.

Tnx,

Scott

Any particular back issues or catalogs I should order?

I would order all the back issues that are available..

Leigh

Back issues: Unless you fell you must have them in print, the past ten years or so are all posted on line to the ASMIC web site. Once your a member you can access them anytime. Check there before you order any back issues.

The DI catalogs are all by branch, so you can order them all or just the Infantry ones if thats all you collect (for example). Some of the branches are more up to date than others. The newest ones are in full color and quite nice. Even the older ones are a wealth of info and go a long way to ID which designs exist, which are original and which were made for collectors (something a lot of new collectors don't realize was a HUGE practice back in the day).

-Vance

If not already mentioned get the DI motto reference. Will save you hours and days when it comes to identifications. This is an ASMIC publication.