Show-of-Shows OVMS wants to hear from YOU!

Started by Shenkursk , Nov 20 2013 04:12 PM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 Shenkursk

Shenkursk

MODERATOR / SPONSOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 183
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I should specify, we are looking to hear where you like to eat after the show is over, not at the event itself.  We're going to reach out to these places and see if we can get some mutually-beneficial arrangements made for you all.  For me the universe begins and ends at Famous Dave's.. so I figured we should find out what the rest of you enjoy.  

I don't know yet how many will want to participate, but we're going to give it a shot.  

In the meantime, be sure to check out our new OVMS website.  It is not 100% functional yet - there are some really cool things we are still working on, but there is enough up now to show you the direction we are going.

www.sosovms.com

#27 zotig111

zotig111
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,230
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Jeff,

Speaking from experience, I would recommend you approach the Cardinal. Every after show dinner there is like an SoS part 2. You see OVMS concentrated there every evening. I have been to several other places right around the expo center and with the exception of the Crowne Plaza restaurant, the Cardinal always seems to have OVMS well represented.

#28 budp

budp
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 17,198
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

guys,forget the chain restaurants and at eat the local places.cheaper and way better food.from Del Friscos for steak to Za's for pizza,Louisville's restaurants are great.And don't forget about Kentucky bourbon Barrel Ale,either.A very good local beer.SOS is the best show of the year and Louisville is a great city to host it.Have fun and enjoy the weekend. Bud

#29 SARGE

SARGE

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 130
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Well... I always eat at Ruth Chris steak house.  Any reduction in their prices would be very helpful. 

#30 pathfinder505

pathfinder505
  • Members
    • Member ID: 197
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

We always hit the Cardinals, great place!

#31 Mr.Jerry

Mr.Jerry

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 119
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

We always hit the Mongolian BBQ place, go into town for a pizza, and last time we just found a decent Mexican restaurant there. 

When I travel I like to eat local.  And we always hit the "Liquor Barn" to restock too!

Attached Images

• LB.jpg
  • beer.jpg

Edited by Mr.Jerry, 13 January 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#32 USARV72

USARV72
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,975
  • 960 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Well since the 5th quarter is gone, any place the locals eat would seems to be ok. At least godfather is still there.

#33 zotig111

zotig111
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,230
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

I would have to agree with Mr. Jerry. Liquor Barn is the best in the area. Good selection and reasonable prices. If you are looking to pick up souvenir bourbon's, they have plenty of the local KY ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)