Not Brig's USMC Photos

Terry K.

teufelhunde.ret

Looks like a lead cover emblem...of course colorizing tends to distort emblems and such

I think is was done in error by the "artist"... Did not know better, forgot, etc.

teufelhunde.ret

I thought the same, when I blew it up on my ipad, could not see evidence of the tab of metal that connects the upper arm of the stock with the underside of the wing...?

I believe that tab is just excess that wasn't cut off, not for stabilization like the plastics. I've had these lead emblems with extra on the anchor flukes, the head/neck, wings, edge of globe, etc...and they're thin, so if it was there, easily could have broken off. Or the artist chose not to color it

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I did not want to hi-jack Brig's great thread but I thought everyone would benifit from the many other pics the members may have.

I will start it off, feel free to post you pics. An unknown PFC with a child, circa 1920?

Terry

I'd say late 1920s on this picture based on rank and cap style. May be a 29 pattern cap but hard to tell.

Nice photo, prior to Okinawa invasion. Was he a replacement?

Yes he was sent to the PTO in Oct/Nov 1944 and was attacked to 3rd Bat 1st Marines.

Craig

Yes he was sent to the PTO in Oct/Nov 1944 and was attacked to 3rd Bat 1st Marines.

Craig

Thanks for posting, that is a great photograph.