Not Brig's USMC Photos

Terry K.

Well I did not want to hi-jack Brig's great thread but I thought everyone would benifit from the many other pics the members may have.

I will start it off, feel free to post you pics. An unknown PFC with a child, circa 1920?

Terry

post-629-0-41349400-1384185641.jpg

Some great images here, gents. The first appears to be wearing English made model 1920 collar emblems

Kevin, didn't you have a topic dedicated to the photos with the shoulder boards? I seem to recall discussing them here in the past

Great thread, I have no issues merging the two and retitling it, mine was started years ago just to post some in my collection...I dabbled then, lately my photo interest has really taken off. If we get enough members interested maybe it could become pinned

Great pics warguy!!

Brig,

I knew you would not care, I just didn't want to high-jack your thread and figured everyone would get some more education with the many different pics.

Terry

Hi Brig-yes I did post some of these somewhere else about a year ago. I remember you responding with assistance at the time. Thought I would just get them on here so they could be referenced in the future. You photo collection by the way is most impressive, and I appreciate you sharing. Kevin

The person I got them from said these are Marines from the 28th Regiment at Camp Pendleton in 1944, but they are unmarked, so I can't really say for sure.

post-124367-0-03081400-1384569569.jpgpost-124367-0-12083100-1384569577.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

He is a Marine Gunner, wearing French EGAs and what appears to be Paymaster collar insignia (hence no bursting bomb insignia). Suspect this pic was taken in theater during the war.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got this one today. Not only do I like the photo, but it also gives me a lot to research: the Marine, the rifle, the battle...I also like that the caption tag has a couple of checkmarks on it, as if someone double-checked the facts before printing it in the newspaper. The reddish stamp is tough to read, but I believe it says "Acme News, 4xx Eighth Ave."

post-124367-0-05739500-1391481578.jpgpost-124367-0-15999700-1391481589.jpg

• 3 weeks later...