• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme
  • Members
    • Member ID: 122,868
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

The patch sold on eBay about 2 weeks ago for $120 and then he tried to resell it for great amounts. I thought it was a 1960s piece made for reunion purposes. The mouth is aweful. Just aweful. The edges look weird on the backside. If you google alamo scouts the organization has about 6 different types shown. this one is not one of them.

Today another person posted another post WW2 japanese made one claimed to have been sold by Bill Scott.

With about 400 originals made these two are not one of them. And I'll probably never get to own one of them either.

#22 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 21,263 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I agree.The one posted that states japanese made then adding Scottys name to it is an attemt to just legitimize his sale.This is just wrong in so many ways to claim or try to prove originality or provenance.I hope Scotty will weigh in on this.

#23 doyler

doyler
  • Members
    • Member ID: 342
  • 21,263 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have posted these before.Its the patch group from the Alamo Scout vet I knew.I guess you can say its a "named group" but in the end when its out of my collection how would the next person prove it??I got it first hand to the next caretaker its just a story.

GMONT508 008.jpg

#24 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

The patch sold on eBay about 2 weeks ago for $120 and then he tried to resell it for great amounts. I thought it was a 1960s piece made for reunion purposes. The mouth is aweful. Just aweful. The edges look weird on the backside. If you google alamo scouts the organization has about 6 different types shown. this one is not one of them.

Today another person posted another post WW2 japanese made one claimed to have been sold by Bill Scott.

With about 400 originals made these two are not one of them. And I'll probably never get to own one of them either.

Maybe he found out it was a fake and is now bring to dump it for a hefty profit.Doyler beautiful grouping.

#25 Bill Scott

Bill Scott

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 4,902
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

If I did sell the Japanese made one it would have been stated that it was not an original WW2 piece in the auction.Over the years I have owned 25-30 Alamo Scout patches its one of my favorites.Scotty

#26 ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

Original eBay listing when collectibleprofessor bought it here. Checkit (original seller) has too many transactions to see where he/she bought the patch, but at least they acknowledged that there was an issue with the patch.

Check out:

Different versions here.

You can buy a version 2.0 reproduction for $17.50 too

#27 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

If you check out the lines on the building behind the indian head you will notice something.On the originals they are straight pretty much all the way down.On the reproductions they end in a 'V' pattern.The lines are suppose to represent bricks so the originals lines are straight with some outlines.

#28 ODA021

ODA021
  • Members
    • Member ID: 505
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

HI,

I am selling the Japanese Made Alamo scout patch. Which I bought from Bill Scott a few years. I buy alot of items from him. In no way am I claiming or stating that it is one of the original 400 made. What I stated in my posting is the the scouts were disbanded in November of 45 in Kyoto, Japan and that is likely where this was made. That is it. Bill, if it is offensive to you that I reference your name as who I purchased it from, then please let me know, and I will revise the auction. I do take offense that some of you are so quick to throw negative comments and pass judgement when it is not justified.

#29 ODA021

ODA021
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I believe this seller has several honorable mentions in fake alerts. Buyer beware!

Since you are participating in character assassination, can you please be so kind as to point out the Honorable mentions I have in Fake alerts. My Ebay ID is international73. If you cannot find any, then I respectfully suggest you apologize and next time, do your homework before showing your lack of integrity.

#30 Bill Scott

Bill Scott

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 4,902
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think the best thing to do is forget about.it.A few years ago I listed a made for collector copy of the Nurenberg Warv Trials patch and I forgot to state that it was made for collectors and I got gigged on the forum bigtime.We all make mistakes and thats what good forums are for to keep us all on our toes.Things that are done without malice should be forgotten.Scotty

#31 flytiger

flytiger
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 126,385
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

You must be kidding! Not even close to the real deal! Former Alamo Scouts collector.

#32 ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Since you are participating in character assassination, can you please be so kind as to point out the Honorable mentions I have in Fake alerts. My Ebay ID is international73. If you cannot find any, then I respectfully suggest you apologize and next time, do your homework before showing your lack of integrity.

Oda021, the fake alert from this original post was attributed to collectibleprofessor, not you. I just mentioned the fact that you posted an Alamo scouts patch, and that even you stated it was a post ww2 Japanese patch.

There were several alerts for the other guy on eBay on this forum. Not you. That's all. The initial pAtch called into question is what this thread is about.

#33 ODA021

ODA021
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Fair enough. Bill, point taken. My intent by listing that I purchased the patch from you was not to mislead or "validate" what I was selling. Your reputation for patches is impeccable and it establishes a chain of custody for buyers. Were I to sell something I purchased off this site or were I to start selling my OSS collection I would reference the items that came from Les for the same reason. All have a reputation for honesty. I would feel more comfortable buying an item that I knew came from a reputable dealer or site than an unknown. Especially items that are so frequently faked. Once again, my intent wasn't to deceive. 

#34 TRR

TRR
  • Members
    • Member ID: 110,009
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

My comments were directly related to the thread topic, unlike yours. I did not quote anyone who had made any comments mentioning anything related to your items. So I guess next time you should start reading from the beginning instead of assuming I was assassinating your character. My integrity is impeccable and you are perhaps the one who owes an apology for failing to do your homework before jumping to conclusions. Had you actually took the time to see what I normally post, you would notice that I am good at doing my homework and do not just run around starting flame wars with members I know nothing about.

Here is one thread that came to mind when I made my comment...just to support the post was not without merit: http://www.usmilitar...504th-pir-fake/

#35 treetop

treetop
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,440
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

It is kind of funny how the "Professor" says in his description "That on closer inspection the patch does not appear to have even been sewn on a uniform" What a turd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)