Hitler in disguise!

Steindaddie

On ebay now! ~> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adolf-Hitler-photograph-Feb-17-1942-RARE-without-moustache-in-disguise-LOOK-/121204558150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c385ac946

Here's what the seller says:

Very rare photograph dated Feb, 17, 1942. This photo
was given to me by my grandfather who passed away many
years ago. My grandfather told me that this is a picture of Adolf Hitler.
The picture was taken during a photo shoot in Germany while Adolf
was working on possible ways to disguise himself. In this photo he
shaved his moustache and is wearing a US military outfit as a disguise.
Photos like this were taken by the german military back in 1942 in an
attempt to find an appropriate disguise for the german chancellor in case
of a military emergency that would require Adolf Hitler to sneak away from
foreign authorities and avoid detection. But the photo still appears very much
to be that of Adolf Hitler. All other photos from that day were supposedly destroyed
along with the negatives. But somehow my grandfather managed to smuggle this
photo out that day when there was a minor lapse in the german security forces that were
overseeing this operation. And today thanks to my grandfather's courage this very rare
one of a kind photograph of Adolf Hitler still exists. After much thought and after careful
consideration, I have decided to let go of this unique piece of history and offer it for sale
here on ebay. I can not fully verify my grandfather's story nor can I guarantee that this unique
photograph is definitely Adolf Hitler either. I am not a photographic expert at all. But it certainly
does look like Adolf Hitler. And my grandfather always insisted that his story was the truth.
On the back of the photograph is stamped the date - Feb 17, 1942 so this photo is definitely vintage.

( I've taken the liberty of adding his trademark mustache)

"Hitler" in disguise The real "Hitler"!

post-1949-0-92828100-1383631473.jpg

post-1949-0-08599500-1383631704.jpg

He has the story backwards. The U.S. Army was looking for an American soldier who could pass for Hitler so they could do the old switch-a-roo. My Grandfather told me so. This guy came in 3rd.

"And yes, you can get this RARE opportunity to own the original photo of Hitler in disguise for only $4.99!" "Act fast and we will include a second one for FREE!"

Philip :lol: :lol:

That's completely wrong! Addie actually shaved off his mustache and shaved his legs and swapped identities with Eva Braun in order to escape the advancing Red Army! ;)

That's him alright. I'd recognize him anywhere.

Those trees are Ukrainian Ashe from Der Fuhrer's forward HQ.

Any simpleton knows these things.

By 1942 Hitler was 53 years old and 53 generally looked a lot older in those days than it does now. The guy in the US uniform looks to be perhaps mid-30's at oldest.

I wonder how many vets went to their graves chuckling over the total BS war stories their children and grandchildren bought into? For instance, as we know, every "captured" weapon was personally taken from the dead Japanese or German soldier the vet had bested in hand-to-hand combat.

I read they actually disguised him as a cat with the code name Kitler.

attachicon.gifhit.jpg

Alright Bob, you owe me for clean-up costs. I spit coffee all over my computer when I read this. :D

By 1942 Hitler was 53 years old and 53 generally looked a lot older in those days than it does now. The guy in the US uniform looks to be perhaps mid-30's at oldest.

I wonder how many vets went to their graves chuckling over the total BS war stories their children and grandchildren bought into? For instance, as we know, every "captured" weapon was personally taken from the dead Japanese or German soldier the vet had bested in hand-to-hand combat.

Apart from his age he was also in the throes of Parkinson's disease, stooped and rather haggard looking too, so there's no way that GI could pass for him in mid 1945.